Battle dance

Battle dance

A Story by Alasse Fefalas
"

It's dark. We're armed with our guns. And we hear the enemy approaching.

"

Battle Dance
Alasse Fefalas

 

It was hard to see in the darkness. The full moon that hung low in the sky gave out a musky yellow light – the only light source. Our black shirts and dark pants blended well with the shadows that surrounded us. Hiding behind empty barrels and broken-down walls, my team was armed with the M-16s, ready to shoot when our enemy appeared. I was far at the back, a sniper for any who tried to sneak into our territory without any notice.

 

The silence between us was broken by the sound of crunching grass. I watched the distance intently, determined to see my enemy and gain aim. The movement of a shadow caught my attention and gave away the man’s position. Sprawled on the ground, I took aim with my gun. My finger hovered over the trigger, ready to fire my gun, but I didn’t. I was waiting for an affirmation that the figure was indeed my enemy. I didn’t want to accidentally shoot any of my teammates.

 

I did not have to wait long. His cautious steps alerted me of him being an intruder. I pulled the trigger and a single shot rang throughout the entire place. Silence took place of the deafening shot. I watched the figure, wondering if my bullet had reached its intended target. Then, slowly, he fell to the ground. I cheered silently to myself for the good shot.

 

Suddenly, there was an angry roar, an instruction I could not make out, and the screams of the guns being fired ripped through the air. I watched as my teammates retaliated; they brought a number of people down before being shot themselves. Many fell before my eyes. Red was splattered everywhere – the barrels, the walls, the ground, my teammates. I took aim with my sniper gun again, wanting to help them, and managed to bring down a couple. But when I pulled the trigger again, nothing came out. I was all out.

 

Cursing, I abandoned my sniper gun and picked up the M-16 lying on the ground. I charged forward, attacking and taking refuge at appropriate times. I looked around myself and noticed that I was the only one in my team left and that there were three from my enemy’s. I carefully took one out and ran to another hiding place before they could pinpoint out my hiding place through the sound of the gun. I did exactly the same thing again, and managed to bring down the number of trespassers down to one. I decided not to try my luck with my previous method as he was the last one standing. The most ruthless ones are usually the ones left in war.

 

So I changed my method. Careful not to make a sound, I crept to his last hiding spot. I wanted to take him from behind by surprise but when I got there, I was the one who received the surprise. He wasn’t there.

 

“So you’re the last one,” A deep voice said from behind me. Before I could turn around, I felt the gun prodding my back. “Goodbye,” it said to me.

 

He shot me. Turning around, I saw a malicious smile on his face. I fell to the ground. Suddenly, the place became lighted. Another voice rang out, “Game over. Red team wins.”

 

It was then that I understood that paintball needed not only luck, but also strategy. And that it was incredibly painful to get hit by a paintball.

© 2008 Alasse Fefalas


Author's Note

Alasse Fefalas
Review please! ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 23, 2008

Author

Alasse Fefalas
Alasse Fefalas

Singapore!, Singapore



About
I write poems, and sometimes stories. I'm currently working on a fantasy story called 'Lady of Magic'; the rest are one-shots. more..

Writing