The Last Letter that i have written

The Last Letter that i have written

A Story by sapna
"

this is not exactly a story but a small passage about my last letter to my grandfather

"

                        The last letter that I had written

                 I remember the last time I had written a letter, was a letter to my grandfather who happens to be no more in this world now. It’s been 2 years since he left but still there never goes a day when I don’t think of him or the days when we sat together and talk over anything from politics to religion to food and traveling.
                    That day when I sat down to write a letter to someone, I had perturbing questions popping again and again troubling my sanity, who better could it be to ask than my grandfather.
                    In the letter I had asked him “what life meant to him and how one could lead a content life without any regrets. I had also asked him “why hatred develops amongst those, who once loved each other so much. I even asked him “what is the most difficult thing about aging”.

                    There were many more things which I wanted to ask but unfortunately the ink in my pen got over, so I posted the letter with the closing lines with another ink pen, which I had wanted to avoid.
This was the last correspondence between my grandfather and me, to which he had replied too. Soon after I had received his reply, he expired of which I would always feel pained deep down thinking had the ink in my pen not got over I could have written a little more about my troubled mind and heard some more from him.

© 2017 sapna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on November 2, 2017
Last Updated on November 2, 2017

Author

sapna
sapna

lucknow, India



About
I am a writer in making who wants people to give a little heed to my sincere efforts on writing to feel encouraged to write more more..

Writing
Their Visit Their Visit

A Story by sapna


Act Patiently Act Patiently

A Story by sapna