into your unknown

into your unknown

A Poem by Kara Emily Krantz

i know you
much less
than the empathic earth
and much more than moments
of goodbye.

 

 

i tie myself to your voice
and respond with a visceral leaping
to your scent.

yet your moments are lent to me
like the water as it laughs /
as it laps
upon the shore.

 

 

i know you
as the pelican knows the sea
(possible to skim you but not to swim you)
to taste you / then lose you
from whence you came.

© 2008 Kara Emily Krantz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this to me is a piece that speaks of great loss...
now i know that poetry and all art for that matter is completely relative at times and that interpretations are drawn upon as a result of the background of the veiwer...
i say that because i read this from the point of veiw of a girl who was in love with a boy who killed himself...
because of that experience this piece reaches into the loss that i knew (though i have move on significantly since then)


i know you
much less
than the empathic earth
and much more than moments
of goodbye.

this is a stunning way to begin a piece...
more than moments of goodbye...
i dont know about you but it seems my life is full of those moments so to know this person more than those moments... thats knowing... right?

i tie myself to your voice
and respond with a visceral leaping
to your scent.
yet your moments are lent to me
like the water as it laughs
as it laps
upon the shore.

and i hate these moments...
these moments that as you say so perfectly well are only lent to us...
the one where you see someone who looks just like him and you almost run up to the person and then remember...
the one where you hear his laugh and want to bash the crap out of whoever it was who laughed that way...
yeah... i know those moments and i hate them... with the fire of a thousand suns lol

yeah... this is a very beautiful piece right here...


Posted 17 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Lacy and ethereal. Feels like an amazing dream that lingers too long into the dawn.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Another well written and in depth piece by you as you use incredible metaphors to describe a relationship that seems a bit out of balance going from right to wrong, from good to bad in the blink of an eye... you have such an divine way of getting the reader to feel your gut wrenching emotions... once again simply incredible.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think this has been one of the most fascinating poems I've read in awhile. I absolutely love every single line of it, and the analogies you use. It is a very emotional poem, and I guess captured me so intensely bc I can relate to it so well. GREAT PIECE OF ART!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"i tie myself to your voice"--i wish i wrote that.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Kara,

Some wonderful images and a superb word flow. I enjoyed reading this immensely.

Robert Davidson.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fabulous fabulous piece. The first stanza is absolutely captivating and pulls the reader in without a moments' hesitation - and it doesn't disappoint.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love the last stanza, terrific simile, very clever! "(possible to skim you but not to swim you)", I mean, wow, truly a brilliant spark of thought came up with that line.

Have a nice day!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This seems sad...

It is beautiful and moves like the ocean in my soul..
It moves like waves teasing the.
The waves brush up against the shore and touch it but then it runs back...
A cat and mouse feel...

Just close enough to be aquainted with a miss...

I love it.


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this poem, and I think the picture that you used for the title line fits perfectly. There's an idifference; but also I feel/sense a longing.

I'll be reading this again.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Really fascinating. Been reading this for a while now and have moved the first and last stanza around the middle one so the whole poem floats. This is intelligently written and has great insight behind the words. I really want to write more but feel my words will not convey enough meaning to sit with your poem.

Great work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

383 Views
31 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 5, 2008
Last Updated on February 28, 2008

Author

Kara Emily Krantz
Kara Emily Krantz

http://karaemily.wordpress.com, MA



About
I am resolved to never be content with the lives of "quiet desperation" which so many of us lead, to continuously challenge myself, and forever walk in Beauty. I like pandas. I like writing poe.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..