unbidden

unbidden

A Poem by Kara Emily Krantz

lay beside me
on this dewy evening grass
and dream with me.

no, don't close your eyes...
please, look into mine.

i sense your hand upon the grass
beside mine- i feel the heat
emanating from your body.

there is a vibrating potency
to our quiet, forbidden passion
on this night.

we have known one another (before)
i know the angles of your body
as only a lover would.

time has passed, but sometimes
i still gasp

at the snapshots of our love.

the hot, unbidden memories
of us.

© 2008 Kara Emily Krantz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Guest
As always, you manage to zero in on the essential aspects of a moment, elucidating them for me in such a way that makes me feel as though I "know" that moment.

"no, don't close your eyes...
please, look into mine."

This was quite an effective line, both in content and timing. I can understand the instinct to close one's eyes to heighten the sense of the moment. But to look into another's eyes instead (especially being asked to do so), adds a level of intimacy and intensity that amplifies the perception of the moment even more. Those lines perfectly set the tone for the rest of the piece.

Another lovely journey.

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This poem picks up a suddenness to it in the last line, like a live wink in the present to whoever holds this for the moment they read it. it's like a shared secret...Ace! Hot emanations Whew, sends me soaring!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh Kara what scintillating words of rekindling an old flame from the sparks of the past... absolutely so beautiful as only you can write... you have a true gift of the written words that always leaves me in awe.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ooooo. nice ending. best part right there. the hot flashes of light and memory. great pacing on that.

this is a cool poem, some very sensuous imagery. i like how it moved.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have missed your poems! This is so soft and passionate!

we have known one another (before)
i know the angles of your body
as only a lover would.

time has passed, but sometimes
i still gasp

at the snapshots of our love.

the hot, unbidden memories
of us.

Oh, how those lines torture me! This is so relative without being mundane... beautiful!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I am glad i chanced upon this "snapshot" . Gentle and evocative. Julian

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

I like this. I feel like if you would close your eyes for a moment then you would never get it back. and that would be a great loss. Great poem
Thank you Moon Fixer

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

I love the determined passion of the first stanza. I can never get enough of that kind of poetry. It never gets old.

time has passed, but sometimes
i still gasp

at the snapshots of our love.

You broke that line up at an interesting part. I wasn't ready for that.

we have known one another (before)
i know the angles of your body
as only a lover would.

I really liked this stanza a lot. In a way though, I'd kind of like a stronger last line in it. I think that line could be tweaked some how to be stronger then that stanza would be super strong. It's not a bad line. I just think it could be even stronger. I enjoyed reading this one. Good job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

wonderful poem!
written with passion, pure passion as if at the time only you two were there, noone else, nothing else, just two lovers and their entangled minds.
Great poem!

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Lovely read. memory filled love, the past filled with passion only two lovers share.

Love this.

Dawn

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

"I still gasp at the snapshots of our love." Wow. I hate to say it (only because I've said it so many times before), but you're amazing! The words just flow off your fingers onto the page and it's so easy and beautiful.

Perhaps you should do an evoca with this one?

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
22 Reviews
Added on February 6, 2008
Last Updated on February 15, 2008

Author

Kara Emily Krantz
Kara Emily Krantz

http://karaemily.wordpress.com, MA



About
I am resolved to never be content with the lives of "quiet desperation" which so many of us lead, to continuously challenge myself, and forever walk in Beauty. I like pandas. I like writing poe.. more..

Writing