Dear Dad..

Dear Dad..

A Poem by Sarah Lynn
"

A poem dedicated to my dad .. this took a lot out of me . The tears definitely came down hard.

"
Dear Dad , 
Do you know what its like to live my life? 
Or how about just even see what I see?
To see you living your day to day life, with a new family that doesn't include me.
To see you having a new daughter and now a son to 
Do you know what kind of hell that even puts me through?
To see them living their life with you, from day to day 
I sit here just sad , I don't even get a call to say hey..
I used to be your little girl, for a girls father really is her world.
I just sit here sometime though, and let my tears just unfurl
I cant help but to think, that to you all of this is okay
While I sit here depressed on my bed i shall stay
If only you knew how i really feel 
Maybe things would become a little more real .
But what if they didn't .. ?
What if it still just doesn't matter
That's why i don't tell you these things, because then my heart would really shatter.

© 2013 Sarah Lynn


Author's Note

Sarah Lynn
I just want everyone to know that my dad is not a bad dad and hasnt totally abandon me. We just never talk every since he got this new family. If i call ( which im the only one who calls) Sometimes i get an answer and sometimes i dont. If i do we do talk and have convo for a bit. Just in my eyes it seems like all these changes with not seeing me just doesnt bother him and ill never know because we are close , but not the whole lets share feelings close. I dont know its complicated. I just dont want anyone on here calling my dad a bad dad or anything in the future.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I know how you feel sweetie, sometimes dealing with parents is just really hard. Keep your head up though, it will all be okay.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sarah Lynn

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words!
Sigh..i understand exactly what you're saying! This is exactly how my dad and I are now..you captured my experience.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sarah Lynn

10 Years Ago

At least ya know your not the only one ! haha
Trisha-Kay Commock

10 Years Ago

and that's the sad thing.. :/
the complexity of Father-daughter relationship is most evident among the young and within the heart and mind of a loving daughter. I can tell how much you love your father, I can feel it through your beautiful write and put of emotions and complex feelings,, although as you grow older your pain will ease, those complex feelings will remain.. beautiful yet messy!

thanks for sharing your touchy story..

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sarah Lynn

10 Years Ago

Thank you for the review !
I totally understand kido my dad is the same way without a new family I'm always here for you. you know that :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sarah Lynn

10 Years Ago

Thank you , its nice to have someone understand !
David

10 Years Ago

You are very welcome :P I forgot to tell you I dyed my hair black last night lol
Im so sorry to here that your dad has gone and done this to you, this is really heartbreaking, i feel your emotions coming through this poem and the sadness to.
Im sorry to hear that he doesn't even have the heart to call you that's very sad and very shallow of him.
I am sure plenty of other people love you concentrate on the people that do, if he doesn't want to be part of your life then you don't need him in it.
Anyway great emotional poem came straight from your heart, i love the way it flowed and rhymed job very well done :)
I enjoyed the read :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sarah Lynn

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much !! You're review means a lot !
cimmy wuv xxxooo

10 Years Ago

your welcome hun anytime :)
I can sense or feel the hurt and questions without answers that you have.
It hurts so bad ~ i never knew my dad until i was grown .... your poem is very heart touching.
I hope you get your answers and a call.


Posted 10 Years Ago


Sarah Lynn

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much! Yeah .. that would mean a lot . Thank you again.
Chloe..Across the Universe

10 Years Ago

You are very welcome , still hoping~

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

678 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on October 30, 2013
Last Updated on October 30, 2013
Tags: dad love, missing, family, heartache, heartbroken, depressed.

Author

Sarah Lynn
Sarah Lynn

Rochester, NY



About
20 Years Old ! I love to just go out and have fun with my friends and boyfrined . I used to write a lot but sort of lost my way , hopefully this will get me started again! Very happy person whose .. more..

Writing
Wonder Wonder

A Poem by Sarah Lynn


The Guy The Guy

A Poem by Sarah Lynn



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..