i watched her sleep.

i watched her sleep.

A Story by sarahreimer

I returned to my bed to find her fast asleep. She had left the light on and hadn't gotten under the covers. I could only see the left side of her face. Her lips were parted enough for her shallow breath to pass over them without interruption. She looked at peace. She stirred slightly as I smiled and turned her face toward me. I noticed her right hand was draped across her breast, and wished it were mine. Her skin was smooth and slightly sun-kissed. Her lips, full and red. Kissable. I love the way she looks when she's sleeping. The line of her brow was dark, contrasting her olive complexion. Thick black eyelashes fanning out from their soft shiny lids. She must have been dreaming as her brow furrowed. Her hair was damp at her temple, it was warm there at night. I wished I could fall asleep with her like this every night. She was 4226 miles away from me. I stared at her through a plastic screen. She came to me through wired and signals and antennae and waves, however she came to me, I was grateful. I would stay up the whole night to watch over her. I touched the screen where her cheek appeared and stroked it gently. She was the love of my life. She stirred again, obviously perturbed by her electronic bunk mate. I sat and hoped she did not wake, I was not yet ready to say goodnight. I was always shocked by the intensity of her beauty. I analyzed each part of her and found the perfection in each minute feature. And when the mathematics were complete, I found the equation beheld the most beautiful creature I had ever had the pleasure of laying eyes on. It was 6 hours earlier than the night before when I had last seen her. She was rising and I was on my way into a sweet slumber. Lately, we found each other at polar ends. The time difference contributing to the ache in my chest. Her love contributing to the flutter in my stomach. I could love her like this for the rest of my days. Even if her love for me faded away, I wouldn't be able to help myself. I wondered if she was dreaming of me. Even if she wasn't, I secretly hoped she'd tell me she had. The words on the page distracted me and I only caught the end of an adorable twitch. I would have kissed her eyelids if I could. Lightly. Inhaling softly as my lips pressed against the thin epidermis. Twice on each eye, substantiating my love of the act. I would linger above her face and smile. The most content smile. A smile of pure love and adoration. She was mine. I would kiss her such as that the night we reunited. And I would hold her so tight my arms were fatigued in the morning when we woke. And I would smile again. Agog for the days ahead, as well as the nights. No longer watching from across and ocean, longing, waiting, wishing. She would be mine again in body. For now, I wait.  

© 2013 sarahreimer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
Added on February 8, 2013
Last Updated on February 8, 2013
Tags: love, long-distance, sappy, sad

Author

sarahreimer
sarahreimer

London, Canada



About
26 looking to be torn down and rebuilt. more..

Writing