Afterwards...

Afterwards...

A Story by not me
"

Just a little snippet

"

 Following me like a darker shade of the black plague, Time rears his wrinkled brow and smiles to show his wicked teeth. "I'm here" he whispers through the wind. The clock hand began to move, and jolted fifteen minutes.

 

We lay in a twisted knot of skin and cotton, and carefully touched and held each other-- We needed to be held. At first I lay against him with my head resting on his ribcage, my hand stroking his stomach and playing with his hands as he drifted in and out of consciousness, breathing slow shallow breaths. His troubled heart steadily thumped in time with my own. Had I not been lying beside the love of my life I might have had the urge to fall asleep by his side, and perhaps dream rapturous dreams of he and I, in our bubble of contentment. But was this not a dream? Was this not more than a dream? Why have dreams when all of our life's bliss is reality, living, breathing, sleeping beside us? No dream could contend with the happiness I felt in those few moments of sheer and utter perfection. No amount of time could take that away from me.

 

I suddenly felt uneasy after the realisation that I couldn't see his face. I gently, ever so gently pulled his arm from around my naked body and laid it down in a position which seemed to me, as being comfortable. I moved upwards and my face met his. My hand gently cupped his stubbled chin and I quietly kissed his temples as he stirred, and his eyes looked for mine. We lay together, in a comfortable and much cherished silence.

© 2008 not me


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awwww I love this. Just...closeness. That special kinda passion you only feel about one guy. This is just...perfect :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


A good start, but a little nebulous and vague in its intent.....where does it really want to go? Sex...no, a general feeling of contentment...well maybe, but it hardly qualifies as a chapter, maybe a Hiaku?

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 10, 2008

Author

not me
not me

Bangor



About
that's all for now... more..

Writing