In an ocean of fabric

In an ocean of fabric

A Story by not me
"

Someone I had always wanted.

"

 We were alone for the first time, delirious and heady from the nights excursion. I lay down upon the satin pillows on her bed beneath a canopy of cashmere, and there she was with me.

 

We both felt fragile in our own way, and we both needed each other. To be perfectly honest, I never stopped needing her. A sea of fabric separated me from her soft unthreatening face which looked back at mine. The growing light of the morning shone through the window and bathed the room in a golden hue. It made fire of her endless hair which lay upon her cheek so perfectly.

 

When her hand slipped into mine, when her lips came to meet my cheek, when the skin of her forehead lovingly pressed against mine, my eyes filled, and closed, and opened again to find that she was still there, smiling at me, telling me that she was afraid.

 

Through the talking and the tears, through the clouds of cigarette smoke and the secrets said, I suddenly found myself holding her, my face lost in the scent of her neck, my hand feeling the softness of her breasts, my lips barely touching the hairs on her shoulder. (I couldn't believe that skin could be so soft, as if I was kissing the steam in the air, as if I was submerged in the purest water on earth, as if I had been wrapped in layer after layer of silk...as if...as if I was kissing the shoulders of the woman I loved....)

 

I knew it was wrong, I knew it was...and through the perfection there Hayley was. I imagined the pain her face would show if she saw this, if she knew the happiness I felt in those minutes of silent bliss...but in my vulnerable state i couldn't stop it. The shaking girl in my arms needed me that night. I won't say sorry, I refuse to be sorry.

© 2009 not me


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, brutal honesty. That's a real gut check for anyone. I'm glad you could make the speaker so honest and so blunt. Excellent write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


good vocabulary. nice lead in.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Thanks so much for submitting this, first of all. And second, wow. That's all. You've passed the first elimination round. Cool.

Posted 14 Years Ago


i can really relate to this the description and imagery are beautiful lovely well done

Posted 14 Years Ago


Beautiful little story, the description is lovely. Although there are a couple grammatical errors, like not all your I's are capitalized, and wont should be won't. So remember to pull your story through spell check. Some of your setences are a bit long and tend to run on.

Thanks for posting.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 23, 2009
Last Updated on May 23, 2009

Author

not me
not me

Bangor



About
that's all for now... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..