The night you left...

The night you left...

A Story by not me
"

One of the most vivid i've ever had, and I crave the ending every day, if only I had slept for longer....

"

 A curl of hair caught his eyebrows as he slept, his lips pursed and I kissed his nose. His cool hand fitted my waist like bark to wood and I felt happy. 

His shallow breath synchronised with mine and each release of moistened warmth caught the edge of my shoulder, making my hair dance and my skin jump. It reminded me that he was still there, as long as i didn't move (Don't you DARE move) he was still there, and it was safe to close my eyes.

I opened them in the early hours finding that our positions had changed. His arms plaited around me, his body fitting into mine. I felt him so tight, so warm and damp, and I missed him. I lay wide eyed, lonely and unsure, unable to bear the uncertainty anymore. I quickly turned around, regretting it immediately. I buried my face and my guilt in the grey cotton of his t-shirt. I took in his comforting scent as he awoke, and stroked his arms while I forgot about tomorrow, and the blaring news on the muted tv set, and everything outside of this bed....

The streetlight outside shone through the moistened glass and made its way through the dusty lace curtains to meet his face, our bodies became orange patterns in a blurred sea of silk. (Don't swallow, don't scratch your leg, I know it's itching)

He would gently, ever so gently kiss my hair. In the silence of the night, which was no longer one to be endured alone, his soft velvet puckering lips gloriously exploded in my ears. I could have held him, I could have rocked him back to sleep in my willing arms, I could have kissed him in the coming morning, to fill him with love, and comfort, and hope...

My body and my shoulders curled around him, my soul and my being, my spirit and my dreams....curled....around him…

The morning light blinded me, as my eyes opened, and I found myself cold and alone with only the memory of that dream...

© 2008 not me


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"A curl of hair caught his eyebrows as he slept, his lips pursed and i kissed his nose. His cool hand fitted my waist like bark to wood and I felt happy."
Perfect Start...

Such a nice read, an honest read in that.
Very comforting a times, and then disheveling.

Yes even sweetness can be erotic.

Posted 17 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Aww... :(

I could relate all too well to this. Dang. Great write though.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Wonderful descriptions. A great story and you felt fot the charater when you realised they were alone and it was just a dream. A really good write!


Posted 16 Years Ago


While reading this piece I asked myself; Is the definition of erotica written pornography, or simply describing the deep spiritual and physical attraction between two lovers? I think I like the latter better, and you described it well in this piece.

Posted 16 Years Ago


"His shallow breath synchronised with mine and each release of moistened warmth caught the edge of my shoulder, making my hair dance and my skin jump. It reminded me that he was still there, as long as i didn't move (Don't you DARE move) he was still there, and it was safe to close my eyes." Wow. Just, wow. A fabulous paragraph, altogether. The emotion was really easy to feel, and the first sentence was really original. I love it.

Because this was just a dream, I felt really drawn into the story, even as short as it is. I know I've felt this way a few times. Awesome job making a connection with readers.

But it's also very sad that it was just a dream. =[


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very sensual piece. I enjoyed it a lot.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Wow! Perfectly describes never wanting a moment or an evening to end. And then finding it's all a dream...You write of the agony so well and so clearly...I can feel the pain and the panic in not wanting to turn and find him gone. Just beautiful!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

"A curl of hair caught his eyebrows as he slept, his lips pursed and i kissed his nose. His cool hand fitted my waist like bark to wood and I felt happy."
Perfect Start...

Such a nice read, an honest read in that.
Very comforting a times, and then disheveling.

Yes even sweetness can be erotic.

Posted 17 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

i loved it, you proved even sweetness can be erotic.

Posted 17 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

I felt like I was reading straight from a book.Wonderful imagery.

Posted 17 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

526 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 18, 2008

Author

not me
not me

Bangor



About
that's all for now... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..