Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Stephanie Baker

No one could sleep after hearing that rhyme being sung over and over again, it was like they wanted to slowly drive us all insane or something, curiosity unfortunately claimed my group of friends as they decided we should go and investigate further into the forest.

As we walked up a winding dirt path, Ivy screamed “Quite touching me Luccas” she said irritated, Zach gave a dirty look to my older brother who was stood by me.

“He didn't touch her” I explained, Ivy slowly spoke.

 “So if he didn't do it who did?” she asked we all looked around.

“Down here, lady” The little six year old said, Ivy looked at him feeling slightly creeped out as the little boy took a knife from his pocket, something was engraved on it, we tried to get to Ivy but the little boy stabbed her  in the stomach.

We were all frozen in fear and watched as blood began to spurt out of Ivy’s body like a mini water fall he withdrew the knife as Zach and Jack sat with Ivy I tried to get the knife of that psychopath but failed, before he vanished I saw what was written on the knife it was the name Jerimiah.

“Ivy, you’re going to be ok just stay awake” Zach said his sister didn't look to convinced “We need to stop the bleeding or try and slow it down” I said, ripping a bit of my tee shirt and wrapping it and tying it around Ivy’s stomach.

“That should do it but I don’t think we can move her?” I explained Ivy got up “That’s Crazy I’m good to go I’m not going to let you risk your life’s for me” she said.

“No one is asking too ill carry you I’m not going back home and telling mom that your dead” Zach said tearing up a bit, Ivy hugged her brother “I think we should head back home somethings not right with this place” Maddison protested.

“My thoughts exactly” Jack said agreeing with his younger sister, we turned to go back then we saw smoke coming from a cottage nearby, maybe someone there would be able to help us.

 

We set of in the direction of the cottage and stumbled upon some very odd freaky statues of animal heads, a camp fire outside and a woman with long black hair stood in a Cherokee type dress she seemed to look up from where she was sat meditating.

“My children, what brings you to this place?” she asked we started to explain our story and as the woman listened we all seemed to relax as she gave us something warm to drink.

“Thank you for helping us but we must be getting back home” Luccas said the woman’s smile faded “Home, I think not you kids should know better than to run into the woods” she said angrily.

 

As we tried to make a break for it and leave, the woman spoke “How did everyone find the tea?” she asked everyone looked at her then crashed down onto the floor of the wooden cottage, and when they awoke Ivy and Zach where missing so was Maddison.

Myself, Luccas, Jack, Shaun and Holly was left inside “We need to find the others” Holly announced, “Sh, we need to stay quiet if we are going to be any help to the others” Shaun suggested.

We heard a sound of a crackling fire and could smell melting flesh; hanging high above the fire was Zach, Ivy was in fits of sobs, Maddison tried to comfort her.

I would not let this happen to any of my friends so I went out to confront this crazy woman, “Stop this don’t kill them let us all go” I begged.

The woman looked at me then replied “Fine I’ll let you all go but everyone must answer my riddle correctly before there free to go, and if they answer wrongly they will be killed.

“You first pretty boy” the woman said pointing to Luccas, the woman circled him and gave him the first riddle “What asks but never answers?” she asked.

Luccas paused then answered “An Owl” he replied the woman’s face lit up and she said that he had got it right, the next riddle was for me “Many have heard me, but no one has seen me, and I will not speak back until spoken to what am I?” The woman asked.

“An Echo” I replied, the woman looked amazed and allowed me to go stand with my brother we was both free to go we hoped all our friends would join us.

 

“Zach your next If I say what is the center of gravity?” she asked, Zach answered her then she spoke “Oh dear, looks like you won’t be leaving this cottage” The woman said a man from the shadows came in a lab coat and took Zach away.

“Ivy, let’s see if you escape your brothers fate I have lots to say but can never speak. Knowledge is the thing I eat. Inside me adventures you will find quests and treasures of every kind for all those that wish to visit me your hands are the ultimate key. What am I?” she asked.

“A book” Ivy replied sadly running to go stand with Luccas and me we hugged her, it was Jacks turn next “Red as blood and sweet as wine. A hard heart within flesh sublime.” The woman asked.

Jack thought then spoke “Cherry” he replied, the woman nodded the only two left was Shaun, Holly and Maddison.

Maddison got her riddle write it was down to Holly and her younger brother “Before I give you your two riddles I’m changing the game the first person to answer my riddle will be allowed to go you are each allowed two guesses each” she said.

“What do you use to hoe a row, slay a foe and wring with woe?” the woman finished Maddison went first and gave a guess that it could be a sword she got it wrong , Shaun thought it could be something to do with a Javelin stick but that was also wrong.

Then Shaun said his final answer “Is it hands” he asked, the woman smiled you are free to join your friends get out of here before I change my mind or you will accept the same fate as Holly and Zach where killed by the man in the lab coat right in front of our eyes.

As us six reached the camp we decided we had enough and packed our things into the truck as we got strapped in, Luccas, Jack, Maddison, Me, Shaun and Ivy all looked at each other, Luccas tried to start the truck but it appeared to be sinking in the mud.



© 2015 Stephanie Baker


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
Added on May 10, 2015
Last Updated on May 10, 2015


Author

Stephanie Baker
Stephanie Baker

United Kingdom



About
My name is Stephanie Baker i'm 19 years old and hope to one day have at least one of my books published in a shop. My story genres *Horror *Teen and Young adult *Supernatural more..

Writing
Ch1 Ch1

A Chapter by Stephanie Baker