Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by Stephanie Baker

Don’t get too close its dark inside

It’s were my demons hide

 

No one could shake away the images of what had happened to Holly and Zach, with no transport we would have to find a way on foot to get out of this place.

“How about cutting across the river?” Luccas asked  we  doubted whether that would work but none the less we set of in a tight packed group carrying weapons for any unsuspected guests lurking in the trees or dare I say it on the ground.


Shaun and Jack kept checking their surroundings as we were close to the river a loud stomping sound could be heard as we saw some were nearby trees toppling down and heard the beasts menacing cry as it appeared in front of us.


“Oh my what is that thing?” Maddison asked feeling terrified now looking up at the beast that was way taller than anything you have read about in books, he had three eyes and was rather fat he wore quite tattered clothes and had two pointy teeth that were visible.


 “Run”  I cried as we all made a dash for the river, Jack spotted a canoeing boat us six got inside the boat and started to row away from the shore battling with the two twins  who had started to sing a different song which went like this.


“Come little children, you’re times come to play through weary the pain and deception, hush now my children for life is this way for one of you is a traitor, the other a sinner, one is a savior, the others insane, two of them are goner’s before this journeys end” they both sang in those creepy voices.


The small canoeing boat was getting rocked from side to side we all tried to fight the river but it was no use then I saw a picture on the tree nearby of the twins and a couple of words that I just about could make out.


“Willow, Adrian I know what you’re mother did to you she drowned you in this river didn’t she?” I announced unafraid the two little children appeared in the water a few inches away from me “Yes she did and for that we are going to make her suffer by drowning more people until she comes down here herself” Adrian said.


“We can help you just let us across the river” Luccas said the two children looked at each other then disappeared under the water and appeared on the shore, we quickly rowed of into the darkness.


Reaching the other side of the river we encountered the same beast that had stalked us who blocked our paths.


The six of us had no choice but to split up Maddison and Ivy went with my older brother Luccas and I went with Jack and Shaun.


The monster followed Ivy, Maddison and Luccas and was about to seize Maddison when, Dakota distracted it “Hey you big git over here, come get me” she shouted the monsters eyes flashed and fell onto Dakota following her as she ran.


Luccas took it as his chance to get Maddison and Ivy to the safety of an old cave they both kissed him then spoke “Go after your sister and make sure Shaun and Jack are ok, we will be fine here?” Ivy said.


Luccas nodded then spoke “I’ll be back as soon as I can” he whispered hearing the fatal cry of his sister he quickly followed the sound to an isolated part of land Dakota was hiding in one of the trees hoping the monster would leave but no such luck.


Shaun had gone a bit had gone a bit weird after losing his sister Holly he started to make very dangerous moves that could have cost people back there jumping into the monsters path to Dakota, if it wasn’t for Jacks quick thinking both Dakota and Shaun would have died.


“Jack thank you so much” I replied hugging him he hugged me back then spoke “Were is my sister?” he asked, Luccas replied to him and the four of us set of back to the cave were they found a trail of blood which was never a good sign.


“Help someone anyone” Maddison and Ivy screamed terrified now as the four of us saw them being dragged by Kali and Mr Murdock towards there lair.


Jack, Luccas, myself and Shaun picked up anything we could find and ran into a fight we was determined to win catching the pair of guard we managed to inflict damage on Kali and Mr Murdock but from out of nowhere huge monsters appeared more terrifying than the last.


Watching in horror as the monsters devoured Maddison and Ivy the hearing of a crunching sound could be heard, Jack was in pain Luccas, Shaun and myself managed to get him away from the monsters.


and took Zach away.

“Ivy, let’s see if you escape your brothers fate I have lots to say but can never speak. Knowledge is the thing I eat. Inside me adventures you will find quests and treasures of every kind for all those that wish to visit me your hands are the ultimate key. What am I?” she asked.


“A book” Ivy replied sadly running to go stand with Luccas and me we hugged her, it was Jacks turn next “Red as blood and sweet as wine. A hard heart within flesh sublime.” The woman asked.


Jack thought then spoke “Cherry” he replied, the woman nodded the only two left was Shaun, Holly and Maddison.


Maddison got her riddle write it was down to Holly and her younger brother “Before I give you your two riddles I’m changing the game the first person to answer my riddle will be allowed to go you are each allowed two guesses each” she said.


“What do you use to hoe a row, slay a foe and wring with woe?” the woman finished Maddison went first and gave a guess that it could be a sword she got it wrong , Shaun thought it could be something to do with a Javelin stick but that was also wrong.


Then Shaun said his final answer “Is it hands” he asked, the woman smiled you are free to join your friends get out of here before I change my mind or you will accept the same fate as Holly and Zach where killed by the man in the lab coat right in front of our eyes.


As us six reached the camp we decided we had enough and packed our things into the truck as we got strapped in, Luccas, Jack, Maddison, Me, Shaun and Ivy all looked at each other, Luccas tried to start the truck but it appeared to be sinking in the mud.



© 2015 Stephanie Baker


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on May 10, 2015
Last Updated on May 10, 2015


Author

Stephanie Baker
Stephanie Baker

United Kingdom



About
My name is Stephanie Baker i'm 19 years old and hope to one day have at least one of my books published in a shop. My story genres *Horror *Teen and Young adult *Supernatural more..

Writing
Ch1 Ch1

A Chapter by Stephanie Baker