Unspoken

Unspoken

A Story by

We're those kind of people that go with the flow. The one's that live in the moment. My best friend and I, inseparable. I can be myself around him, he's like that brother I've always wished for. Well, brother won't exactly fit it, so I'll just say that kind of person you wished you won't ever fall in love with..
Normal of all days. We're just sitting on the swings, talking about school, life, crushes, and home. It's not something out of the ordinary, we tell each other everything. I don't think he has any secrets he didn't tell, but then again, some things are meant to be left unspoken.
And that's exactly how I feel. Whenever I look into his eyes, his calming green eyes, it's like the first time. Especially when he smiles; oh, I melt each time. He's always there for me, through the good and bad. When I'm bawling my eyes out, he just embraces wordlessly. He knows exactly what to say in a situation. 
So when he pulls me up with his hands, when he sits with me quietly in the grass, I can't help but wonder what he's thinking about. When he talks, it's like I'm listening to a distinct song. If I had one wish, it would be to wake up everyday to the soft sound of his breathing. 
So when someone asks us if we're going out, I always hesitate. Because for that one special moment, I want to say yes. I want to indulge myself in the relief. I want all those memories to just click into place. But in that moment, we just laugh and say "No, we're just friends." And then the other person laughs along and gives us an apologetic look for just a tiny millisecond. 
All those 11:11 wishes I spent on you, all those sad songs I played a million times over on my iPod. Those nights staring at the stars, thinking about you, your smile, everything held dear in my mind. Imagining a fabulous, first kiss. Sparkle flying everywhere, fireworks going off in my head. I just wish you'd notice. You'd notice the yearning in my eyes when I look away, when I hesitant before an answer. Because, wanting you happy was always more important than wanting you. 
When I look at you, and I think...wow I love you. But I'm looking at you, and you're staring at her. When you think about him, tears form in your eyes. You love him, you love him, and you just wish he knew..

© 2011 ☯


Author's Note

☯
Feelings kept unspoken. A yearning we maybe all felt before.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

touching, beautiful, I actually want to read more into this, but it was cut short (kidding). it hits on a huge emotion; that one love that every one comes to feel at some point in their life but is to hesitant to act upon it. hell it reminds me of the story of my life this entire year.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Really beautiful :) I loved your description, you have a unique style, very wonderful!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, this is the first thing I've read from you, and based on the cords it hit with me, I'm looking forward to reading more of your writes :) I really, really like the description in here, and i can tell that this boy meant something to you.. If you read my poem 12 Years, you'd understand how I can relate so easily to this..
Great write, really :) It's been awhile since I've read one about friendship or love :)
Awesome job :)
~Chey

Posted 12 Years Ago


An ideal situation. A perfect fairy tale...but then this doesn't always happen. And if it does, it doesn't always work out perfectly. It it does for you...great :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow. This was wonderful, your images and words are so perfectly chosen, and the subject was certainly relatable. It almost brought me to tears because I know the feeling. Keep it up!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Because, wanting you happy was always more important than wanting you."

This line is EXACTLY how my thought process is right now! Really great read, and very relatable. Nice job =)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, this was extremely, emotionally packed. A powerful write that provokes a lot of thinking, and imaginative creations.
A few grammar mistakes that I thought I should put down so you could make this even more perfect...
"We're those kind of people that goes with the flow." 'Goes is the wrong tense for this sentence. It should be 'go'
"somethings are meant to be left unspoken." There should be a space in between 'some' and 'things'
"So when he pulls me up with hands," I believe you want to add the word 'his' in between 'with' and 'hands'
That's all that I noticed, and all were very minor and did not take away from the impact of this story.
Very awesome job!

~Erinne


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

touching, beautiful, I actually want to read more into this, but it was cut short (kidding). it hits on a huge emotion; that one love that every one comes to feel at some point in their life but is to hesitant to act upon it. hell it reminds me of the story of my life this entire year.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It is very easy to fall in love with somebody who has been by you through everything.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Damn, I can relate to this too much...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very striking write

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1181 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on June 5, 2011
Last Updated on June 7, 2011

Author

☯

Wonderland



About
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be,.. more..

Writing
Insanity Insanity

A Story by


Wanderlust Wanderlust

A Poem by


Music Box Music Box

A Poem by



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Forgotten Forgotten

A Poem by TJ