Proto.

Proto.

A Story by Savannah Skye Bruner
"

This is just an idea I have for a story.

"

t had been twenty years since the uprising.


The Bionic was the latest addition in groundbreaking technology, but they never expected the machine to gain a mind of its own. Humanity didn’t stand a chance of surviving the onslaught of destruction the Bionic army brought upon them. Stronger, faster, smarter, more efficient, never tiring, nearly indestructible. The Bionic was superior to the fragility of humans on all levels. Though the cruel experiments gave the Bionics the ability to weave structured thoughts together to receive instruction, follow orders, complete tasks, and even generate their own responses depending on the situation or circumstance - the creators failed to recognize the possibility of the machines developing a will that was entirely their own. The Bionic lacked the depth and soul of human emotion, but they did understand its basic dimensions. Their retaliation would prove fatal to society.


Small pockets of reckless survivors took their chances out in the open, and were always met with the same fate. Those who were taken were never seen again. A greyness covered the land. Things grew dark. The world went quiet. Life ebbed away. Creator betrayed the trust of his creation, and in turn, the creation sought revenge.


Out of the ashes of a ruined society - a hatred for one another festered.



© 2017 Savannah Skye Bruner


Author's Note

Savannah Skye Bruner
Let me know what you think. Thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on December 31, 2017
Last Updated on December 31, 2017
Tags: robot, adventure, science fiction, dystopian, war

Author

Savannah Skye Bruner
Savannah Skye Bruner

Lufkin, TX



About
Hi! I'm Savannah, and I'm just an aspiring author. more..