Shut up Train

Shut up Train

A Chapter by Summer'sBreeze
"

...

"

Hum Thump Thump.

Hum Thump Thump.

Hum Thump Thump.

 

 I squeeze my eyes tighter, clutching my pillow to my chest, hoping for sleep to come and wrap me around its hands.

 My small room rattles as the train moves through the night. I can even feel the vibrations under my bed.

 

Hum Thump Thump.

Hum Thump Thump.

 

 I sit up, my shoulders slack because the weight of the world seems to be riding there tonight.

 My mind is restless, always running back to you even though you’re the last person I ever want to see again.

 Moonlight streamed through the only window in my small compartment, dark shadows flying by so fast that I lose interest very quickly. Instead I just walk over, placing my head on the cold window, soothing my feverish skin.

 “Shut up train.” I whispered. “Can’t you show me a little sympathy?” My breath fogs up the window.

 I take a unsteady breath, willing for that numbness in my mind to come back. Anything just so I could find some peace.

 “So shut up train.” I pulled the sheets over my head, trying to block out the noise. “I’m trying to sleep.”

 But every time a door slams shut or the brakes squeal I remember that night. I’m reminded of you.

 I’m reminded how of the way my heart feels, just like the cold, black steel of this train, and how it feels to be crushed under your wheels.

 I moan in defeat, tossing the covers from my head.

Behind my closed eyes, all I can see is your red taillights leaving my driveway. Leaving and never coming back.

 You never did intend on keeping your promises, but I did.

 

I told you I would support you no madder what.

 And you told me I could have a shoulder to cry on.

So why am I clutching this pillow instead.

 

 I told you that you were the only one for me.

You said “Ditto.”

So why do you leave me for another every weekend.

 

I told you “I love you.”

And you said “Forever and always.”

But I never knew how good of a liar you were until now.

 

I promised you that if you left again that night I was going to be gone in the morning.

 So I kept my promise, and I hope your happy with your choice.

My eyes focus on the fog still left on the window, and the next instant I see you’re face smiling back with that crooked grin and those blue eyes that always seemed to pull me in.

 I throw one of my pillows against the window, crying out. “There! I’m awake! I hope you’re happy.”

 My voice is replied with the steady beat of the train. “Now I have to deal with every ounce of this pain!” I sob. “It’s all your fault!” I fall back onto the bed again, clawing the sheets. “Shut up train!”

 

Hum Thump Thump.

Hum Thump Thump.

 

“I give up.” I surrender to the train. “I get it. You’re the one moving on while I’m still stuck in that place.”

 I wave my pillow like a torn, beaten down flag. A sob/laugh escapes my lips.

 “You win.” I cried. “Now shut up train.”

Outside I ear the whistle blow, the sound of victory, as it trudges on into the night.



© 2012 Summer'sBreeze


Author's Note

Summer'sBreeze
Okay first off WC deleted my original that had a whole lot of reviews and veiws
but what the crap happened to it is still a mystery to me
so i'm sorry for those who find their honest reviews gone

I based this off of Little Big Town's song "Shut Up Train"

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good story, just a couple of things for you to look at:

" You never did intend on keeping your promises, but I did." Try: You never did intend (to keep) your promises, but I did.

"I told you I would support you no madder what." I told you(,) I would support you no (matter) what.

"So I kept my promise, and I hope your happy with your choice. " So I kept my promise, I hope (you're) happy with your choice.

"Outside I ear the whistle blow, the sound of victory, as it trudges on into the night." Outside I (hear) the whistle blow, the sound of victory, as it trudges on into the night.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
The last line was great! I loved it!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

346 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 23, 2012
Last Updated on March 30, 2012


Author

Summer'sBreeze
Summer'sBreeze

Stalking Ally's characters, fighting the rebellion with Katniss, Shadowhunting in the Victorian era, fighting titans, hiding in one of the Bandit's closets, jumping over clouds with Jip, wondering how much more can I fit in th, AL



About
***08/01/14*** Heeelllllooooooooo :D Yep, still here WC! I plan on becoming more active so I'm willing to take any read request just shoot a comment/mail my way to do so. I'll be sure to .. more..

Writing