The Birth of the Baby Girl

The Birth of the Baby Girl

A Chapter by

January 19, 1994.  Mom had just come back from the doctor and prepared for the birth of the "miracle" baby girl.  The doctor said they would deliver 2 days later on January 21, 1994 instead of the 9th of February.  They were afraid the baby wouldn't be as healthy if they waited much longer.  As they waited, the ice and snow came down strong over Morehead, Kentucky that year.  Two days later mom and dad got in the car and started toward Lexington for the birth of their baby girl that morning.  The interstates were closed and today was the rare occasion when even McDonald's was closed due to the terrible ice storm.  They finally made it to UK Hospital in Lexington as they were both anxiously awaiting the birth later that morning.  As they made their way to the OR for the c-section the doctor explained to them what was going to happen in the next hours of the day.  They finally were able to start the operation to bring the baby girl into the world.  After they delivered the new baby they continued to stitch up my mom as they brought the "miracle" baby around for the parents see then whisked it away to NICU for the surgery needed to close the baby's back.  After a almost 2 months in NICU the baby finally got to come home but had to spend the next few weeks on its stomach due to the surgery.  During this time, the family attempted to anticipate what the future would hold for this beautiful baby girl.


© 2015


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

great job keep writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


keep writing my friend

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 20, 2011
Last Updated on July 18, 2015