Genevieve

Genevieve

A Poem by realmwriter

And still I think myself done with grieving

until I see something that reminds me of you 

and tears start streaming

down my face, even in a public place.

 

I cry for the daughter I lost and for the sister my daughter lost.

I cry because I can't hold my other little girl.

I cry because she was and is loved even though she never took a breath,

all she got to experience was death.

 

I pray she heard her mothers heart beet when first she was alive.

I pray she heard my voice say, I love you so much when my heart burst with pride and joy.

She was and is my Angel, my sweet little girl, 

whom I will meet one day when at last I pass away.

© 2014 realmwriter


Author's Note

realmwriter
I miss you more than even I will ever know. The pain of loosing you will never leave me Genevieve. I love you so very, very much.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I understand your pain, brother. I truly, truly do.

Posted 9 Years Ago


realmwriter

9 Years Ago

Thank you my friend.
There seems to be an abundance of poetry on the cafe today about 'loss'...this gave my goosebumps, shivers...am not leaving a review, although your poem is brilliant, just know I felt this one deeply.

Posted 9 Years Ago


realmwriter

9 Years Ago

Thank you so very much. I truly appreciate it.
Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Was my pleasure, I felt this pain deeply yesterday....Genevieve is one of my favorite names.
realmwriter

9 Years Ago

Mine as well.
forgive me for my lack of eloquence in the following review, but I am trying to compose myself.. This is a piece that touches me and I can relate to on several levels...

first one is I am a registered nurse and work in labor and delivery and have to deal with my lovely patients suffering from this tragedy on a daily basis... something that was supposed to be the happiest time in their lives becomes one of the most devastating and horrific moments ever... I have to help them go through the physical process and then the mental and emotional healing.. it is very hard...

secondly, I was pregnant once and lost my sweet baby boy when I was five months along... I cannot begin to describe the depths to which that has destroyed a piece of my soul and will forever feel a part of me missing.... you have portrayed that undeniable, immeasurable love here and the profound anguish that plagues your spirit from then on out... you wonder, did they feel me?... did they hear me?... will their spirit know me once reunited?... do they know how much they were loved... oh my goodness, you have me tearing up right now... wheeeew....

raw, heart-wrenching and powerful.... amazing, courageous write... ((hugs))

Posted 9 Years Ago


AprilRN1210

9 Years Ago

forgot to add, did you mean "meet" in the last line instead of "meat"... sorry was so emotional once.. read more
realmwriter

9 Years Ago

Yeah, that's what I meant. Need to go back and correct it. Even my brother pointed it out. Thank y.. read more
"The pain, it sears and scorches
like burning torches
in the night,
gasoline dreams of loss,
Chared ashes of love,
crowd my mind,
but still I hold on to
the ghostly phoenix
of forgetfulness that may someday
rise."

My tribute to your brilliant poem. I really can't say anything else.
In my favourites!

Posted 9 Years Ago


realmwriter

9 Years Ago

It's a beautiful tribute. Thank you for allowing me to use it.
Moonie

9 Years Ago

Can I ask where are you going to use it, dear?
realmwriter

9 Years Ago

Though it would be painful, probably across my right side ribecage. Or perhaps, wrapped as a single .. read more
I lost a niece to cancer at age five..I know where you're coming from as much as I can under the circumstances, but I'm too speechless to articulate it...I do know that the pain never goes away...all I can do is sigh and try to fight off tears as I read this...it's my favourite piece from you to date...I'm just thankful that you were able to end on a hopeful note...I wish I had more observations to offer, but hopefully my reaction says it all...

Posted 9 Years Ago


realmwriter

9 Years Ago

It does indeed. You need say no more and thank you none the less for trying and for taking the time .. read more
There are no words to take such loss and pain away, except I feel your pain love, really do, big hugs xx

Posted 9 Years Ago


realmwriter

9 Years Ago

Thank you Poppy. The hugs warm my heart... xx
Very beautifully done! The meanings expressed here are clearly understood. I can feel your heart in this. I can hear where the message comes from and I can relate to each word, so carefully and skillfully conveyed.

Posted 9 Years Ago


realmwriter

9 Years Ago

Thank you so very much. And I am still not sure what to say. A writer at a loss for words. Ironis I .. read more
I cannot imagine this pain, I am so very sorry.

Posted 9 Years Ago


realmwriter

9 Years Ago

Thank you my friend.
You brought tears to my eyes in this, and that often is hard to do. I am so sorry for your loss, I have a close friend who lost a daughter when she was a baby as well, and I know just how wounding that is to the soul. I am sure she knows how much you love her and that you care deeply every moment of every day. Beautiful tribute.

whom I will meat one day when at last I pass away.

Only thing is just change meat to meet and you are golden. Content is flawless and full of pure emotion.

Posted 9 Years Ago


realmwriter

9 Years Ago

It will be changed. Can't believe I didn't notice it before I hit save. Thank you for your kind word.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 7, 2014
Last Updated on August 9, 2014

Author

realmwriter
realmwriter

Harrison, AR



About
You know, I can write about almost any subject, in poetic form and even an ocasional short story, but I find it most difficult to write about myself. I am an artist at heart and will use whatever m.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


UP I GO UP I GO

A Poem by kublakhan27