Fire Quenched Your Rain

Fire Quenched Your Rain

A Poem by realmwriter

  When you're the cure, I will not be the cause.
When you're the cause, I must be the cure.

Come, let the fire quench the rain.
Let the rain burn through the night
Let the dark envelope light.
Come, let the fire quench the rain.

  When you pain, as do I, I fall chastised from the sky.
When you're joyed, as am I, I catch a glimpse of tears you cry.

Come, let the cold warm your heart.
Let the shroud save the face.
Let the mask reveal your true intent
Come, let the cold warm your heart.

  As if life has nothing more to offer, I see you offer more
As if death captures beauty, I see beauty capture you.

Come, let us hide our faces from each other.
Let us share our embarrassment.
Let us be unabashed by what we do.
Come, let us hide our faces from each other.

  As if vanity were your triumphant song, you sing a song anew.
As if pride were your only enemy, there is no pride in you.

Come let wisdom find your years, and I pray the years be kind.
Indeed you have been blessed.
As blessed as none have been before.
You have slipped beyond salvation and the fire quenched your rain.
  


© 2014 realmwriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hello there!

Thank you for sharing your work with us. I enjoyed this poem because it brought about something new in the sense that it was a refreshing take on the subject. I think the form works really well up for this poem and helps to add to the tone of the writing. I do have a few suggestions (I pretty much always do) which are outlined below. They are just suggestions so you can take or leave whatever it is that you like. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! :)

"Let the rain burn through the night" --- this is beautiful image. It is probably my favorite line in the whole poem.

"When you pain, as do I, I fall sacred from the sky.
When you you're joyed, as am I, I catch a glimpse of tears you cry." -- You have an extra "you" at the beginning of the second line here. Also, the end of the first line where the speaker falls sacred from the sky really throws me off. I guess I am having trouble with the image "sacred" creates here.

"As if life has nothing more to offer, I see you offer more
As if death captures beauty, I see beauty capture you." --This is amazing. These two lines really play off of each other well to create such a morbid, but beautiful, feeling to this poem.

"Come, let us hide our faces from each other.
Let us share our embarrassment.
Let us be unabashed by what we do.
Come, let us hide our faces from each other." --- For me, this stanza brought the whole poem together. It reminds me a lot of the tale of Eros(also known as Cupid) and Psyche. With that connection made, the whole poem seemed to be taken into an even deeper level, whether it was your intention or not. If you have not read the myth between Eros and Psyche, I think you should. It could help to make this an even stronger poem without directly relating it to the myth itself.

I am having trouble with the last stanza. For me the poem ended at "Come, let us hide our faces from each other." - the end of the third from last stanza. The ending stanza as it stands now doesn't seem to have the same tone as the rest of the poem. Another reason I might be having trouble with that last stanza is because the form of your poem breaks there. The last stanza doesn't follow the rest of the form which can be distracting to your readers.

+YourMidnightSecret+

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

realmwriter

11 Years Ago

As I cannot edit the above remarks, let me say that I noticed all of the spelling errors but alas, I.. read more
Clouded in Hopeful Illusions of False Delusions

11 Years Ago

I love trying to be helpful since I appreciate it when people treat my work as such, so of course I .. read more
realmwriter

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much I look forward to reading them tomorrow as I am out of time today...! :)



Reviews

Realmwriter, this is beautifully written. I love the cadence and the refrain throughout this piece. Are you on my friends' list? I know you are on my friends' friends' list. If you'll accept a friendship, let me know. Thanks.

Posted 9 Years Ago


realmwriter

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I am happy that you liked this, is one of my favorites for sure. I sent a F.R.
Bright Ocean Star

9 Years Ago

great! thank you...:)
Tells that if you are in love then you accept all flaws and try to help him/her be better.
Beautifully written. You expressed everything really smoothly.
Thank you for sharing this with us :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Come let wisdom find your years, and I pray the years be kind.
Indeed you have been blessed.
As blessed as none have been before.
You have slipped beyond salvation and the fire quenched your rain.

In full acceptance one finds wholeness. A beautiful and inspirational write.

Posted 9 Years Ago


realmwriter

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much. Glad you like it.
What a splendid love story! I love your play on words, making antonyms become synonyms. Such a talent you possess. I can picture this as a piece being read by a fire in old movie that has just discovered color. Very well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


realmwriter

9 Years Ago

I thank you very much. This is one of my favorites and I am happy that you liked it. Love your take .. read more
That is a great poem, it has a style I don't think I have ever seen before, just the way you phrase the words and lines, its hard to explain because it seems so different to me, it seems the meanings turn on theirselves and then reverse again, think I will put it in my library so I can revisit often there is much to learn here thank you :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


realmwriter

9 Years Ago

No, it is you I have to thank. Thank you for such a stellar review. I love to twist things and rever.. read more
R Smith

9 Years Ago

that's what I tried to say, twist and reverse, yep that's great :)
What I find most interesting about your writing is your diversity of voice. This is a spiritual, thoughtful piece that resonates well, with a very positive message.

Posted 9 Years Ago


realmwriter

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I started writing poetry as a way to relieve the pain, didn't really even know .. read more
great poem. really enjoyed it

Posted 9 Years Ago


realmwriter

9 Years Ago

Thank you I am glad that you like it.
this is true poetry my friend :) a wonderful write. I'm no poetry critic like Clouded so I can only appreciate and enjoy reading.

I find the second stanza sublime.

Posted 9 Years Ago


realmwriter

9 Years Ago

Well thank you sir fir the compliment. I truly appreciate it.
This is such a beautiful write full of wonderful lines.I would have to quote them all if I had to choose my favorite.Truly a gem this one :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


realmwriter

9 Years Ago

Thank you so very much I truly appreciate it.
Vidya Bacchus

9 Years Ago

You are welcome :)
Wow, great write and I'm not quite sure if I should read it as a song or a prayer.
It just has that kind of feel to it, like it's just so much more important.

Posted 9 Years Ago


realmwriter

9 Years Ago

You can read it either way you like. Not sure I had either one in mind when I wrote it but probably .. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1784 Views
51 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on May 16, 2012
Last Updated on November 6, 2014

Author

realmwriter
realmwriter

Harrison, AR



About
You know, I can write about almost any subject, in poetic form and even an ocasional short story, but I find it most difficult to write about myself. I am an artist at heart and will use whatever m.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..