Life of Time

Life of Time

A Story by Sean R. Ewing
"

What should we do with the Time we have. With the Life we have. How should we spend our Time and is it running out too quickly?

"

The average lifespan from 2010 �" 2013 was 71 years.  That’s 71 years on this planet, 25,915 days, 621,960 hours, 37,317,600 minutes per person, per lifetime, and yet, we worry we have no time at all.

 

Since the beginning of time, people search for the one answer: The Meaning of Life.  But what if there was no meaning? What if there was no big secret?  What if the point in life itself was nothing but simply Life?

 

Since the first day of school, one of the first things we hear is ‘What do you want to be when you grow up?’ and from that moment, even at the age of 5, we begin to subconsciously think about the future and being grown up.  We should be enjoying the time we have as a child, carefree and still innocent to the world.  Appreciate the age in which we still see the innocence and the simplicity of all things.  Rather than conforming to the aspects of society as we do as adults, we should be thankful for the time we have where, as a child, everything is either black or white.  There is no in-between.  Why or even when do we begin to allow everything to become so muddied?

 

Remembering back to being a child, my answer to the above question was ‘I want to be a Pilot’ and since then as a child for years, all I could think about was being a Pilot.  Now as a 26 year old, I work 40 hours a week as a bartender.  We don’t know any better as a child and we believe we will be what we say at the age of 5 or 6 or even 7 but unfortunately reality kicks in and life brings our heads out of the clouds and plants our feet firmly on the ground.

 

Life gets a grip on our reality and we realise as we grow that things don’t always go according to plan. We may work hard for the things we want but in the end; Life throws us a curveball and knocks us flat on our a*s, which, in turn, requires Time to build ourselves back up again.  It may take 1 or it may take 10 years to do just that. That can be 1/7th of your life, taking up just to get you Life stabilized. Do you really want to waste an ample portion of you life building yourself or would you rather spend it on the things that matter before Time runs out.

 

People start to worry that they are going to run out of Time, and correctly so for Time is never on our side. But what people don’t realise is that since Time is never on our side, shouldn’t we stop worrying about Time and start to worry about the things that actually matter in life such a friends and family? Loved ones? Chances missed and risks never taken?

 

Looking at the bigger picture, if you look at the existence of Earth from the moment of creation to the point of now, we here as humans have spent an average of 5 minutes on this earth.  Now to think that our life on this earth is an average of 37.3 million minutes, try thinking if we only lived 5!  For that is all we have lived for on this Earth.  Time is precious, Time is short. Time is not on our side.

 

Appreciate the Time we have.  Cherish the moments that flicker by.  Don’t waste Time on worrying that we don’t have enough of it.  The simple fact is that we don’t.  We don’t have enough Time but what we do have are enough Moments.  Enough Moments to make us realise that Greatness is not required.  Answers are not required.  Purpose is not required.  All that is required is an understanding of not to question why we are here.  Whether it was by Divine Intervention or by Evolution, our time here on Earth is short lived so make the most of it.

 

71 Years, 25,915 days, 621,960 hours, 37,317,600 minutes.  How will you spend yours? You’re wasting Time. Tick Tock!

© 2015 Sean R. Ewing


Author's Note

Sean R. Ewing
This isn't meant to be perfect or well written. Just my opinion on Life and Time. Hope it provides a little entertainment for a few moments :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on April 23, 2015
Last Updated on April 23, 2015
Tags: Time, Life, Death, Truth, Opinion, Meaning, Mystery, Of, Question, Simple

Author

Sean R. Ewing
Sean R. Ewing

Glasgow, United Kingdom



Writing