echoes of a woman's heart

echoes of a woman's heart

A Story by Abeni
"

We are beautiful, we have a voice and we have the power. We are women

"
Why do I have to be bewildered about the level of success I set for myself? Why do I have to care about what people think of the number of hours I work weekly? Why does the society believe I have to be a lesser being compared to the opposite sex. Why was I thought to depend on the opposite sex for strength,aegis,and eternal happiness?why is the man regarded as "the head of the house"? Why  does the man have to be in control when making love?Why should I be conscious of my age while I strive for power? Why does it become difficult to find someone to objectify and love me when I get past a certain age?
Why will the society label me a s**t for cheating on my unfaithful husband?why do I have to be stigmatized because I got gang raped at a young age? Men aren't trained to stay faithful to one woman; Why do I have to be silent about my abusive husband? I am expected to shrink myself,keep biting my tongue and let the opposite sex triumph. Why is it absurd for me to beat my physically abusive husband to stupor?i deserve to be given half a chance to prove to the world that its not all about cooking and aspiring to become a wife. The society needs to allow women live their life in accordance with their inclinations. Gender equality needs to be practised and accepted. We are all equal in the sight of the Almighty.
     We all have dreams and deserve our version of events, a woman's happily ever after should not be based on how many children she has or how well she does the laundry. She deserves to be as powerful and zealous as the man. She has a right to live a fulfilled life and be as ambitiously egotistical as the male specie.™


Comment and like also on https://m.facebook.com/sefinah.lamiallen

© 2014 Abeni


Author's Note

Abeni
Ignore grammar problem lool I am still a novice

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"Why does the society believe I have to be a lesser being compared to the opposite sex. Why was I thought to depend on the opposite sex for strength,aegis,and eternal happiness?why is the man regarded as "the head of the house"?"

Some good questions. A good write...:).............

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Talk that sis...I don't know why it's that way but the trend is obvious. Of course we can always ambush a man who treats us ill mannerly and all but they are built differently or so tend to be stronger physically. The world salutes a player but a woman who has many loves is a s**t and somehow it doesn't look the same on us unless we have these men an with hold sex...that's seems to be the only way we are able to play. The saying has been, "you can't turn a ho into a house wife". Well that seems to work a little better in some instances, example: Kim and Kanye'. Unfortunately life is never fair and I'm sorry to have gotten long winded but this is just a testament to how moving your write is :).

Posted 10 Years Ago


Abeni

10 Years Ago

Preach sister. Women are obviously being cheated alot, and we are expected to act like it is " one o.. read more
Well, besides the grammar, you have one hell of a writing voice here. I love this message, and I'm a man. I agree that it's always a double standard issue when it comes to men and women. I especially hate how women cannot enjoy sex or have a casual relationship without being regarded as a s**t. It's unfair that women have to face such discrimination. Women still get paid less than men do in many jobs! Chauvinistic men infuriate me to no end. Let women be free and let live!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Abeni

10 Years Ago

Wow! I really wish most men could stop being maiopic and think outside the box just like you 😊�.. read more
"Why does the society believe I have to be a lesser being compared to the opposite sex. Why was I thought to depend on the opposite sex for strength,aegis,and eternal happiness?why is the man regarded as "the head of the house"?"

Some good questions. A good write...:).............

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

449 Views
3 Reviews
Added on March 20, 2014
Last Updated on May 25, 2014
Tags: #feminisim #genderequality #newa

Author

Abeni
Abeni

Abuja, Nigeria



About
A 19 year old whose passion is writing📖📖📖 Islam is my religion more..

Writing
The poem The poem

A Poem by Abeni


so long a Mail so long a Mail

A Story by Abeni