so long a Mail

so long a Mail

A Story by Abeni
"

Chapter 1( starter)

"
My dear molly,
   I promised to tell you all about him in my next mail, I believe i am mentally ready to let it all out.
We met around December 1999, we were mail buddies. Our conversation s were occasional at first then we grew fond of one another, couple of months later he asked me out,i found him quite charming and humorous. Even though we hadn't met in person we shared pictures via the internet and mail. He worked far away in Vietnam as a war correspondent with my cousin Sadia. I didn't hope for something serious at first, and falling in love with anyone was the last thing I wanted to deal with. At the onset he seemed really caring and he took the "relationship" quite seriously. Few months later, I found my self anticipating his return to Nigeria for summer. I was counting days, hours and minutes. I just couldn't wait to see him, but then I was also nervous; what if I wasn't close to what he had envisaged? Even though we shared pictures couple of times I was scared I wasn't going to meet up his expectations. Molly "i cared"and that scared me to death. On his arrival to Nigeria we had an argument, he read a note I sent to my cousin when we started dating. I told my cousin I wasn't really into him, I thought he was taking the relationship too serious and that he needed to slow down. I noticed his strange demeanor and sudden change of inclination towards me, I just didn't know what was wrong and when he finally let the cat out of the bag; I was dumbfounded. I feared he was going to end the relationship, lord! I remember crying my eyes out and praying to God for a second chance. I took in my pride and "apologised" but he seemed way upset; in a subtle way. He said he needed time to think and that scared me. I sat there in front of the telephone, anxiously waiting for him to call me...

© 2014 Abeni


Author's Note

Abeni
I need to work more on my grammar and punctuation. Please forgive any grammar error. Like, review and also criticise here and on Facebook. Thanks

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another wonderfully written story type write. Bravo

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Abeni

10 Years Ago

Thanks sami 😊😊😊 I appreciate
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

You are welcome...:).......................

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
1 Review
Added on April 13, 2014
Last Updated on April 13, 2014

Author

Abeni
Abeni

Abuja, Nigeria



About
A 19 year old whose passion is writing📖📖📖 Islam is my religion more..

Writing
The poem The poem

A Poem by Abeni


so long a Mail so long a Mail

A Story by Abeni