so long a Mail

so long a Mail

A Story by Abeni
"

Chapter four (Chery on top)

"
But he did no such thing, to a point he felt relieved. It was over but I wasn't going to let that happen. I didn't want it to be over, this wasn't the perfect happily ever after. 
   I couldn't believe he wasn't ready to fight to us, I blamed myself for trying to get his attention by breaking up  with him. Sometimes I convinced myself that I was better off without him. Months went by and I still wasn't  over him, then he decided to have "the   talk" he didn't want us together because he wasn't going to be back in over 5 years, yes! That was his excuse. He said he still had feeling for me and we could find a solution. I was so excited, at least it was a step he was willing to take. Things seemed normal a couple of days then he disappeared once again. This time he was gone for over a month, not a word from him and when we finally spoke it was a very casual conversation. I was lost molly; and I needed answers. It was about two months after we had "the talk". I just wanted to know where I stood, I remember I had an exam that morning, and his reply practically tore me into pieces. He wasn't ready for "commitments" , that wasn't the hurtful part though what hurt the most was that he didn't have the decency to tell me earlier, he just left me hanging like a bat awaiting nighttime . He left me hanging I was just too hurt. My heart was literally broken. I just laid there in bed for days, I got upset for no reason, and food became the only thing that made me smile, I couldn't stand men; they automatically made me sick but despite all this i still couldn't get myself to hate him. I remember telling Sadia how I wish I was a lesbian feminist and she just laughed, I spent months feeling sorry for myself, blaming myself for scaring him off, nothing seemed worth while anymore. I felt like the lord had turned his back on me and that I would probably end up alone with 28 cats  like aunt pearl. I didn't even get a happy birthday message, and that was just the height of all his shenanigans,lord knows how many asses and bitchiness I had to put up with for his birthday. he suddenly sent me a text out of the blues two weeks later like an uninvited spirit wishing me happy birthday. Saying sorry didn't change anything; actually it helped me realise a lot. I was laying in bed one afternoon listening to  Cris Williamson's " the changer and the changed" when it suddenly hit me; what was I doing being depressed? Feeling sorry for myself was something the old me found unacceptable. I mean I wasn't a bad person and if he didn't want to be with me that was his loss, a very huge loss at that.

© 2014 Abeni


Author's Note

Abeni
Please ignore grammar problems, I am still a novice and I hope to get better 😊

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

295 Views
Added on April 15, 2014
Last Updated on April 16, 2014

Author

Abeni
Abeni

Abuja, Nigeria



About
A 19 year old whose passion is writing📖📖📖 Islam is my religion more..

Writing
The poem The poem

A Poem by Abeni


so long a Mail so long a Mail

A Story by Abeni