Chapter-1

Chapter-1

A Chapter by catwoman

The last passenger for the day. Rosa peered through the windshield. It had been pouring hard ever since the morning and now as it drew closer to 10 p.m. it became even harder to see the road. As she made her way through the deserted road, her mind reverted back to her haunting problems. She had moved here in the hopes of creating a better situation for herself, but the hardships were far from what she had imagined. She worked in a diner in the morning and was a taxi driver in the evening. Though she worked hard, the pay was not enough and she hardly got any rest. What vexed her most was that she knew no one to whom she could confide her troubles. Her passenger's voice broke into her thoughts.


"Can you drive a little faster?"


"I'm sorry, it is quite difficult to see and the road is very wet so i must drive slowly."


"Look, I must get there as soon as possible" said the passenger in an irritated voice.


Rosa increased her speed. She looked at her passenger through the rear-view mirror. She was a shabbily dressed woman of about 30, She had been busy speaking on the phone ever since she entered the car.


Rosa soon reached her destination and the woman hastily got out of the car and told her to wait. She ignored Rosa's protests that her shift was over and that she must get home. Rosa watched the woman slowly fade away into the darkness. She wondered what the woman was doing in this deserted street.

She was about to reach towards the radio when she suddenly heard a screech of wheels and a loud horn. As she looked up, she was blinded by powerful head lights. She heard a sudden scream. The car had passed and once again the road was plunged into darkness.


Rosa switched on her headlights and slowly got out of the car. She walked onto the street and looked around. In the dim light cast by her headlight, she could make out a figure lying on the ground. She walked slowly towards it. She bent down and saw that it was the body of her passenger lying in a pool of blood. As she vacillated on what to do ,suddenly headlights flashed on her. 



© 2016 catwoman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on April 7, 2016
Last Updated on April 7, 2016