Chimera Of Calliope~

Chimera Of Calliope~

A Poem by NoneOfYourBusiness akaKITTY KUTABAREakaCandyPole

Chimera of Calliope~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The disposition of my multiplicity

aphoristic in the dewdrop of words

comparable to tar

compose poetry in the corners of my gaze

devouring gloom

until I phospherece

and radiance becomes crystalline in my pores

magenta and alabaster berry drops

painting roses on my choking vines

no sword could rend asunder

for they are the ribbons

that hold my paper skin in place

and the thorns

are the crown

that keep my nightmares

from flooding the world

 

 

VerseCopyright:2011vssmd/amusemusepress

ArtworkCopyright:2011vssmd/amusemusepress/lilytotemarts

 

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

© 2011 NoneOfYourBusiness akaKITTY KUTABAREakaCandyPole


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

firstly - Awesome, and by that I mean full of awe.
Love the image of crystaline radiance in your pores. That line alone was worth the price of admission!
Some poems make me soar with joy, others cry at the pain. There is definitely some pain behind this, but the imagery lifts this piece to one that needs to be savored. It's like a small child peaking out behind the back of your older self showing the pain on her face. We have to look because she is so beautiful, but we wish we could take that pain away.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

you are indeed your poetry, and words are your natural limbs :) how could one not breath the air you birth in your mortar?! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can;t even describe how this has fit my mood so many times, ha ha. I'm just going to rate it and selve it. Thanks for posting it. =)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow this struck a chord..."painting roses on my choking vines"..."no sword could rend asunder/for they are the ribbons/ that hold my paper skin in place"...theres pain and acceptance and strength to move on

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The world is its own nightmare, you only make it rhyme.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love how you wrap it up at the end and give a grounding for your imagery. I hear in this poem a purpose for all things, even the unpleasant ones.
my fav line is:
magenta and alabaster berry drops

painting roses on my choking vines

.... roses on my choking vines... I love that. I am not even sure why, but I do. It is gritty, real and beautiful all at once.
Brilliant:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Okay. There is a very thin line between beautiful literature with compelling adjectives that enhance the experience of the poem and poetry that has adjectives that are so outrageously uncommon it makes the poem near impossible to read.
Thankfully, you come no where near this line.
This poem is so overdescriptive it takes away all of the meaning away, especially if you are an average viewer. The words completely distract from the premise and meaning of the poem. It took me three times to read this poem to get past the purple prose.
I'm sure there are many people out there who appreciate the poem just for how descriptive it is, and how advanced the adjectives are. But for the average viewer who doesn't want to have to stop to think baout the meaning because they can't get past the prose, it's unreadable.
-Half Blood Princes
PS: That picture is terrifying. Both in content and how it was edited together.


Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 10 people found this review constructive.

I love the visualization of your words on the page. A beautifully controlled piece of writing from a poet who knows her art.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It is hard to imagine a poem so full of color and nourishment for the starving mind containing such distinct remnants of scaring and Hellish nights soaked in nightmarish unrest, yet again and again you balance your extremes with a very special infusion of hope and purpose. You never cease to amaze me Selene at how your able to express the dichotomies and tensions of a life with many highways and byways, some black and stained, others bright and warm, where all the roads lead, not back to Rome, but always leading us back to poetry and it's saving grace. I love you for this.....!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

We must be fractured, splinters of personality to become our whole. This swings me back into childhood when I first realized that we must bend our truths for those who cannot comprehend. Along the way, we find our pieces that complete us, but, somehow never change us. Lovely poetic.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

962 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on February 28, 2011
Last Updated on February 28, 2011
Tags: poetry, daul natures, words as creation, words as devastation, the goddess center, underland

Author

NoneOfYourBusiness akaKITTY KUTABAREakaCandyPole
NoneOfYourBusiness akaKITTY KUTABAREakaCandyPole

AsIf, Trippy Cottontail, Japan



About
VictoriaSelene Skye Deme Author of. . . . ~CrowWoman & MudGirl~ ~Eve's Rib~Jezebel's Hips~ ~The Raspberry Girl~ ~Girls With red Hair On Cherry Cadillacs With Bushido Swords~ ~From The Gutte.. more..

Writing