Shall I Fall In The Puddle Of Your Bane~

Shall I Fall In The Puddle Of Your Bane~

A Poem by NoneOfYourBusiness akaKITTY KUTABAREakaCandyPole
"

~this will win me no favors~I know~but then life ain't about a popularity contest despite what megamedia feeds its sheeple~ =)~ peace~

"

Shall I cheer with you over a body

screaming hallelujah

stamping my feet in crazy rhythm to the chanting

of the masses?

 

Shall I uplift my pain

and call it even

as I inflict agony upon another?

 

Shall I vindicate my righteous stance

by clawing up the grave of bones

bound inside the mother's womb?

 

No

today

you can cheer without me

as I take one more step back, into my hogan

away from the mad glee of mankind

as they blind themselves with another eye

for an eye

watching stars through my roof

as the whole world becomes

blind

 

 

 

copyright:2011vssmd/amusemusepress

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

 

© 2011 NoneOfYourBusiness akaKITTY KUTABAREakaCandyPole


Author's Note

NoneOfYourBusiness akaKITTY KUTABAREakaCandyPole
~sorry peeps~I don't lead with emotive reactions~concrete thinking and discernment are encoded to deeply in me~ I wish I could strip the gauze from every eye~ instead I'll scurry back into my sigh and keep the rest of my opinions to myself~

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dear angel of the concrete thinkers, I bow to the courage of your heart. How many nowadays are willing to question the revenge mentality of the human race. Not many. Do you remember a while back when you stepped between that man and the woman? You almost died that day. I believe what Erik said then. That one day you will get yourself killed for doing the right thing. And here, some will crucify you for your sincerity. F--- them. Some of us will die true to our conscience. I think that is very important to people like us.



Posted 12 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i'm not sure what the word bane means, but i like puddles.
last three lines are fantastic

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

your opinion matches mine, on this point, I guess. I saw nothing to celebrate at the news. I had questions, presentiments, worries, for all the citizens of the world. I couldn't find any good reason to kill a spider, I can't justify . . . ah, well, no use preaching to the choir

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who cringed when they rang the bell and sang ding dong the wicked witch is dead. We have killed him. Brought him to justice. Detained, awaiting trial... No. We killed him in revenge. When did we as a nation of people condone revenge killing? Shot in the head execution style. Assasinated. Is it karma for him? Undeniably, but what stain is left on our national psyche? I'm pretty sure that the majority of this country considers themselves Christian. And while I do believe in justice, and turning the other cheek would be plain stupid, I agree that rejoicing in the streets about the calculated killing of another is saying something about our Jerry springer society...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

‎"I will mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that."

Martin Luther King Jr.

A good friend of mine posted this on facebook.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

If only the leaders actually represented the majority view...
If only the real truth about the events were fully revealed...
If only the media actually factually reported and informed...
If only these divergent cultures could span the chasm of difference and understand...
If only mankind was not possessed of and dominated by a "pack" mentality...
If only the the intelligent and humanitarian impulses in society were dominant...
If only...
If only...

The peoples of earth need a call to reason...I believe that those who are artistically inclined share a responsibility...to put forth that call, done by all speaking out such as you have. Views may differ, but the purposes are the same.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

You know last night when I flipped the channel to watch the nine o’ clock news, I read the prompter that said “Ben Ladin Dead.” My mind said it is about time, and it did give a little sense of closure; I then heard the president speak, and I was so proud that he said an excerpt from the Pledge of Allegiance, Saying, “One Nation under God indelible with liberty and justice for all,” but later that night I saw the crowds start forming at the Twin Tower memorial site, and at the White House. The people where elated swinging from traffic lights and going crazy. I looked over at my mother and said that isn’t right, where is their sense for morality? Although I feel justice is served, I would have rather seen this terrorist brought home and tried for his crimes, treated like the criminal he was, but it is what it is, and his time is over…Selene I applaud you for putting this up! There is times where it is imperative to rise above, and I feel this is one of them…Save the cheering in the streets for when our troops are home safe…

Great Write!
RLG,
Tommy


Posted 12 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I am on vacation this week and got called into work today and everyone was talking about the news that for some reason I haven't seen yet. I didn't feel joy, I didn't feel like we have justice. Justice would have been bringing him back alive because all have a right to their day in court and silencing him to means what I originally thought is more true than this Forrest I now see before me. I won't comment more than that as I am still taking it all in. I feel we got our pound of blood back a long time ago in the lives this way has taken in the name of fighting evil in this world.

Posted 12 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Amen!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i so agree with you...but where i live i have seen people weep for him./..and have mourned at their ignorance...then i feel its their perception of their truth...
but during these 24 what commenced as a Pakistani it'll leave permanent scars on the face of our sovereignty and will make him a hero in the eyes of many blind...
its funny when ''muslims'' the dreaded species is talked about in world media and here too..im also a quiet observer not to mention that injustice has been done in iraq and afghanistan too.

Posted 12 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Reminds me of someone making fun of religion, and then
at the end mocking someone like saying "you don't bother me
one iota"....good job here:))

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

683 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 2, 2011
Last Updated on May 7, 2011
Tags: poetry, seleneskye, insanity humanity

Author

NoneOfYourBusiness akaKITTY KUTABAREakaCandyPole
NoneOfYourBusiness akaKITTY KUTABAREakaCandyPole

AsIf, Trippy Cottontail, Japan



About
VictoriaSelene Skye Deme Author of. . . . ~CrowWoman & MudGirl~ ~Eve's Rib~Jezebel's Hips~ ~The Raspberry Girl~ ~Girls With red Hair On Cherry Cadillacs With Bushido Swords~ ~From The Gutte.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Grey Grey

A Poem by OT