Give Me One Reson

Give Me One Reson

A Chapter by peacebeyondpassion
"

New excerpt....

"

 

Dayita walked into the bar, and the jukebox was playing Tracy Chapman…
                "Give me one reason to stay here and I'll turn right back around….Give me one reason to stay here and I'll turn right back around… "......
Dayita ordered a crown and coke on the rocks… for it reminded her of Angi. All she needed at this moment was a really stiff drink and Anji. She couldn't get Anji so she opted for the drink. Dayita had been sober for seven years. But this night she owed herself a drink. 
"Said I don't wanna leave you lonely you got make me change my mind…. ….."
Dayita took a sip and rocked to the soulful melodies of Ms. Chapman… She knew she had to change her mind and get Anji out of her system… however … she missed her. It was as if Ms. Chapman was preaching to the choir for Dayita was lonely, Anji had become her all in such a short time, her prodigy, her lover, her friend, and most of all her comfort. Anji gave her strength through her sarcasim. Anji gave her focus through her determination, and Anji simply gave her happiness….now she was lonely… Dayita finished her drink, ordered another and looked around…
"What the hell happened…" Dayita thought. 
Dayita hadn't been in this place in a while… she hadn't felt the need to go to a bar and drink in over seven years, then Anji left… Anji left and well she had tried the alterior sit around the house attempting to paint, that didn't work. She tried working out excessively…that didn't work. She tried other women, and that didn't work…She had simply tried everything but she just couldn't get rid of the pain… "Pandora's Lady" was a sleezy bar, and there were no ladies ever present. You can have your way at this place, whatever you wanted provided you had the money to do so. The building was old and smelt of mildew. There were few lights randomly placed, no one wanted to be seen here and no one wanted their indiscretions seen. Dayita didn't want to be seen here…she just wanted to forget… just forget. 
"Baby I got your number and I know that you got mine. You know that I called you, I called  too many times….. you can call me baby, you can call me any time… you got to call me….."  
She knew that Angi would never call, she also knew that she would never answer… Anji never told her not to call her anymore, but she never answered either… Dayita sent text messages, she called excessively, she left voicemails…and Anji never responded. Dayita gulped down the crown and coke… instantly she felt a buzz… she felt herself numbing the pain.  She wanted to be numb for she just felt too much. All she needed was just a reason… Just one reason… And she would forget the past.
"Give me one reason to stay here and I'll turn right back around…"
"Forgive and forget that is what lovers do right?" Dayita thought to herself while swaying her hips almost finished with her second drink...
"Give me one reason to stay here and I'll turn right back around…"
"You have to take a break Dayita," Nyema said. The board had asked Nyema to talk to Dayita get her to take a vacation for her antics were becoming too much and well her art was bleak. It did not symbolize peace. Anji had successfully turned not only the board against her but Nyema as well. 
"Just take a vacation and get her out your system. You know how much you love the Bahamas or better yet take off to the French Riveria." Nyema said, really thinking that she had her friend's best interest at heart.   Dayita and Nyema had been friends for almost fifteen years and Nyema already knew where this was headed. She had tried time and time again to stop Dayita from being self destructive… Nothing worked. She had spoken to the board on her behalf… that didn't work. She had called Anji, that didn't work. She sat outside of Anji's house and waited for her to come home to speak with her, that didn't work.
 Nyema had always loved Dayita from the first day she met her, she walked in looking like she had walked out of the pages of Vogue. Nyema made it her business to become more than Dayita's friend… however Dayita was a stickler for not mixing business with pleasure… that is until She met Anji.   The first time Nyema saw Anji she knew she was trouble. She had told Dayita that she didn't get a good vibe from Anji… Dayita didn't listen. She never did. 
"Just go on vacation." Nyema pleaded with Dayita. 
"I will not leave because of her. I will not run away from this. I will not change my whole life because of her…" Dayita refused. She wanted to wallow in her misery, she wanted to grieve for her relationship, she was tired of being strong. Her world was crumbling…. All because of love. Dayita was never one to fall in love, she never opened up her heart and the one time she did this is what happened…
"This damn heart of mine, this damn heart of mine. Bartender give me another….." Dayita said now up to three drinks, she never did anything slowly…it was all or nothing.Dayita knew where this was leading but she didn't care, she could still feel herself. She could still feel her heart and she didn't want to feel it anymore.
"Said I don't wanna leave you lonely you got to make me change my mind…………"
"Maybe they are right," she thought…. Maybe she should go, for standing her ground was getting her no where. Maybe TJ was right and she should just sell Anji the galleries cut her losses and start over.   Maybe just maybe, persistence will be memory and Anji will remember the good times, and she will change her mind.  She finished her third drink…
"Bartender let me have another…" Dayita said while walking over to the juke box to replay Ms. Chapman…. The sound of her voice and her cups of crown comforted her for the moment. Dayita knew that nothing but Anji's arms could comfort her. 
©Sheenae Westmoreland


© 2008 peacebeyondpassion


Author's Note

peacebeyondpassion
Honest opinions please..

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really good! Keep going! Keep writing!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 21, 2008


Author

peacebeyondpassion
peacebeyondpassion

Birmingham, AL



About
I have been writing since I have been able to spell. Over the years I've taken my own tone, gathered my own thoughts about life, love and the pursuit of happiness. What I feel I either write it down.. more..

Writing