Just A Dream

Just A Dream

A Story by Essa G

     I was hiding from him. He kept shooting bullets and throwing bombs. I was screaming and crying. I peered out at him. He shot. I dodged. The sun was slowly drowning across the sky. The city below me was so far away. I was afraid. Afraid of him. He stopped. I felt a shadow over me. He shouted curses I couldn’t hear. I wanted to go home to my parents, but they were dead. My home was destroyed. The city was burning in roaring flames. More bombs and bullets were shot at me and the city. He appeared in front of me. With pistol head at my heart, he shot. I was still drawing breath. Barely. The pistol had not been loaded. I looked up. He was gone. A bomb was coming straight at my head. I ducked. I watched as it passed me and hit a building. The city was burning so much the towering flames almost touched my feet. I cried out, but no one answered. My respond from him was bullets and bombs. The moon was black, but I could see everything below me. Flames and a burning city were all my eyes saw. He put his gun at my heart once again. He pulled the trigger. I opened my eyes. Just a dream.

© 2013 Essa G


Author's Note

Essa G
This is an actual dream I had when I was five; I know, I still remember it. This is one of the worst nightmares I've had, only because I was five when I had it. Tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you, Angi!
Yes, that's what I meant to say, I'll change that now :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


I can see why this dream has stayed with you, Essa. Terrifying stuff. The truly scary thing is, childern are living the nightmare right this second. Nicely done, Angi~

PS: The 3rd line from the bottom: Did you mean to say, "My response from him was..."

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 2, 2013
Last Updated on October 4, 2013

Author

Essa G
Essa G

Fairfield, CT



About
I love to sing and baking, but singing the most. Writing is more of a hobby for me. I've written a novel called 'Silver' and I'm in the process of writing the sequel, which is called Prophetess. I hop.. more..

Writing
Your Voice Your Voice

A Poem by Essa G