Wounded Warrior in Death Bed

Wounded Warrior in Death Bed

A Poem by Shalini Dinesh (Poet's World)
"

This poem contain 26 words each word arranged carefully in alphabetical order starting from A, B.....Z

"

A bold combatant,

  disappeared eventually

      forgetting, glories & honor,

        into jaded, 

                kicked, 

                  lamentable mortality,


never obtained precious

    quintal rubies, sapphires!

       this unsatisfied vagabond,

         wished xanadu 

            yearned zizz.



Now I Know My ABC's ~ Superb!

Mar 1, 2010



Almost-Almost-Winner

Mar 7, 2010



© 2010 Shalini Dinesh (Poet's World)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very clever and, near perfect. I can't and won't comment about the oddities here and there because they're part of this post's charm .. the concept is very unusual and you've carried it out so very well, especially in that first stanza.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Its beautiful. Such a novel Idea.
nothing is missing, the beat, the flow...everything is just perect...
Cheers!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Dear Writer,

I've did something similar to this. Check out my poem "Queen Rises Seldom" or "Queen Rises Seldomly." I can't remember how I worded the title. Alright, using the A-Z method of writing is particularly hard, but can be done. Thank you for sharing this with me and sorry for taking so long to get to this review. Since this is a particular method of experimentation as well as it is entertainment for both the writer and the reader, I can't really critique it. What I would like to say though is that the words are too cluttered. Space out the words. Space it out, give room for imagination and personified weakness for the walls of the reader. I know how hard it is to find words for Q, U, V, W, X, Y, Z, and I, and J. They can be kinda tricky. So good job. I did have to pull out a dictionary.

Overall, the visual picture and from A-M are my favorites. It's a relatively good write! Keep experimenting and keep doing what you are doing. May God and America bless you richly. 9.8/10.

A Friend And Writer,
S. W. Scaggs

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ian
This poem is so cool. I like what you did alphabets shown and you fit the words so good for me took understand it and you talked about war how there's glory and honor and what the warrior had to do to get that. Keep it up because this is simply a good poem.

Posted 14 Years Ago


What an amazing poetic flow entranced in this alphabetical form! You've done so well to tell a story.. .giving it a rich history and beauty. Wonderful write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


i have no idea how you were able to write a poem like this using the alphabet. ha my brain would have turned to mush trying to figure out words that are in order of the alphabet, that go together

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 1, 2010
Last Updated on April 15, 2010

Author

Shalini Dinesh (Poet's World)
Shalini Dinesh (Poet's World)

Irving, TX



About
To walk along the shore, leaving behind the footprints for the sea waves to tickle, the cool water washing your legs as you walk by, gentle breeze whiffing your cheek and mildly wavering .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..