Stop

Stop

A Story by ShameemAkhtar

It gripped. Like the claws of death. Tightening fast. Clenching into my soul. Broken. Broken into pieces like the shards of mirror which lay by my feet. Drenched in blood. Spurting in gashes off my hand. Where the radial artery was slit. Open. Like the book of my life.


My body quaked. Spasmodic chasms shook it. Like she had shaken my life. A life punctuated by ups and downs. Downs which drowned the few ups. Ups that came as hiccups. Once in a blue moon and so easily washed away by the water of sorrow.

I lay down. Down on the floor. The marble reflected the red of my blood. Blood diluted by tears. Tears of pain. Where she had gouged out my heart.


The blood. It had a life of its own. And moved freely. Drawing a map on the floor. An exquisite piece of tapestry. The rape of my soul of its virginity by her love…

It was finally over. Like she had said. So easily. Yeah, it was over. So easily. My soul deceived my body like she had deceived my soul.


It was over. Full stop. Stop. Red like my blood. Red like the road sign. Stop. And my heart finally stopped as the ultimate muscular spasms forced my lungs to heave a final sign of ‘adieu’ (farewell).


My eyelids closed as my pupils rolled. The light shimmered, fading, and finally shut out. Stop. The embryonic cord of life cut off.  My grip relaxed and opened slightly as my index tweaked once as a nerve pulled out. Stop. And my hands faltered. Half open. As though begging for life. For her.


Stop. And the reflections in the shards froze. Fragments of my soul. Ripped apart by the knives of her love.


Stop. The earth stopped. Time froze. My existence wiped out.


Stop. Only the blood oozed.


Sticky.


Red.

© 2011 ShameemAkhtar


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dude. Very powerful stuff here. I am impressed to say the least. This creates a picture of heart ache so bloodred cold and real it is palpable from the screen. I do believe many have attempted to capture such feelings and few have maged to do so with such a raw and vicious note. Congrats, you are to be comended.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Dude. Very powerful stuff here. I am impressed to say the least. This creates a picture of heart ache so bloodred cold and real it is palpable from the screen. I do believe many have attempted to capture such feelings and few have maged to do so with such a raw and vicious note. Congrats, you are to be comended.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

phenomenal....

you have created a unique and raw image of the pain inflicted by heart ache. seriously, we often seek for words to express our pain when love goes awry. you, my dear, have done just that!

kuddos!


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

emotional & different.


Posted 11 Years Ago


hmmm.... what to say? it was very... unusual. different. not something i would normally read, but good, yes. might i ask, where did the idea come from?

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great write. Raw, emotional, honest. I love how you interspersed the word 'stop' in the last bit. The comparison and imagery was great. Sad, but lovely work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


yeah very intense nice story !:P

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very intense. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Indeed I must agree, I like the imagery in this piece. I don't normally favor heartbroken or suicidal stories whatsoever but yours was a bit fresh. I kept reading, lol.

And the "stop" thing was to indicate what I wonder, moments where time stood painfully still or the narrator's thought to stop, doubting in his will.

I still can't say I like this kind of central idea because it says "if someone breaks up with me, then it's the end of the world" but oh well. This was still pleasant to read.

Sincerely Livana Lowell (LL)

God bless



Posted 12 Years Ago


thank you for the invite> I would like to articulate how much I liked this piece but you have rendered me speechless> Not easily done> Suffice it to say: wow

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's quite intense and I like the metaphors you have used in this, describing so much more than just these few written lines, hinting at things which have been but have been lost.
There is a little too much repetition in this for my personal taste, but it is a story worth reading :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

665 Views
38 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 26, 2011
Last Updated on August 28, 2011

Author

ShameemAkhtar
ShameemAkhtar

Port Louis, Mauritius



About
Project Manager, Catalyst Business Solutions slave of the modern world and demands of an overwhelming job... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Torn Torn

A Poem by Dark Beauty


Forever Forever

A Poem by Dark Beauty


Old Old

A Poem by Muse