Read Me

Read Me

A Poem by ShameemAkhtar

Read the lines
And then read between


If you manage

Read beyond…


And yonder


After you read the lines
Between
And beyond


Understand


The lines beneath


Read me


A world
yonder

© 2011 ShameemAkhtar


Author's Note

ShameemAkhtar
This is not really a poem in itself. I compiled an anthology of poetry entitled 'Tear Me Apart'. Most of the poems of that collection are posted there.

This 'poem' is the key to reading those poems and unlocking another level of meaning that is beyond the comments that I am currently receiving against them...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There is more to every piece than what we read on the surface, and this is accentuated in this poem. It encourages the reader to look beyond what is outright said, not only in this work but in all works, which i think is very noble.

Though simple, there is more to this piece than just the words on the surface. Very nice.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like this and I feel that between and younder is a deeper subject that may have been left out. Still it is very well addressed. Your work flow quickly giving me a chance to adhere to the prose.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A good theory, well presented, including the spaces between.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very well structured, so even the spaces and silences add meaning. Wonderful write! :-)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is what my english teachers always tell me to do, read between the lines. Very simple and very well written.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yes... there is always something of me in the lines beneath...

Posted 12 Years Ago


It was an old concept to read between the lines.......Important too much today.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like how it portrays that their is a world beyond what is actually said and what we actually meant or wanted

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really like how this poem is physically structured. The gaps between some of the lines help to emphasize and structure your point.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

simple but well put together
nice job

Posted 12 Years Ago


The best poetry allow the reader to use his imagination and thoughts. I like the logic of this poem. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

449 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 29, 2011
Last Updated on October 10, 2011

Author

ShameemAkhtar
ShameemAkhtar

Port Louis, Mauritius



About
Project Manager, Catalyst Business Solutions slave of the modern world and demands of an overwhelming job... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Truth My Truth

A Poem by Tate Morgan