The Tree Of life

The Tree Of life

A Poem by ShaneBerry
"

here in a second, gone in a flash...

"
The Tree Of Life

Ex Nihilo, 
Nothing was there,
Just the clouds and the rain.
The drama and the pain,
Struggle for power,
The lighting
Hit’s the tower,
All of the power in the world,
Here in a second, 
Gone in a flash.
Giving the earth a burnt red slash.
The struggle subsides,
The last hit,
Is awe.

© 2010 ShaneBerry


Author's Note

ShaneBerry
lol alittle more religeon than i normally do, but it was another oldy i found in a notebook lol.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it. A bit different from other tree of life pieces I've read. Love the imagery of the lightning you've described. Kudos to you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


armageddon !

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hi Shane,

"Out of Nothing." Yep, nice one. I sense in you that you are in nearly the same mental place that I was when I was 17. I didn't write poetry then, but if I did I would have written pieces such as this. Perhaps that is why I like it so much. At this age, though, I was too interested in science as a way of understanding and putting in place a mental system so that I could understand existence...Everything. But I really like your pure observations of the world. Raw power. "Here in a second / Gone in a flash." And most certainly "The last hit, is awe."

Greatly enjoyed.

Best regards,

Rick

Posted 13 Years Ago


interesting thought here, really well written!

Posted 13 Years Ago


a gem - this one. ..the nihilistic doubt, which threatens us all.. I would shift the line
and arrange it as "The lighting hit's the tower" and also arrange this "Here in a second, gone in a flash". Nice ending! Had the surprising effect. Then, I shall wish - have a nice journey, tell me, how it was. (well this is a joke, and kind of yes, we don't know how our journey will look like... ) So many speak about - how hell looks like, how the Heaven is wonderful - but nobody ever has been there, so I had this association. ) It's a joke which is not meant to derogate or deteriorate your poem, of course, not.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is great. i don't see the religion in it but ok. Great imagrey. Lighting and towers the scare on the earth, Brilliant!

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is really good

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 2, 2010
Last Updated on June 2, 2010

Author

ShaneBerry
ShaneBerry

denton, TX



About
My Chemical Romance “The Ghost of You” Name: Shane Douglas Berry Age: Born on 8/4/1992 Hair color: Brown Eye color: Green Skin color: White, Freckled Tattoos: Oroborus (red, center.. more..

Writing
Original Original

A Poem by ShaneBerry



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..