Episode Two:Burnt Metal

Episode Two:Burnt Metal

A Chapter by ShaneBerry
"

Terron must weld and hammer his own blade...how will he choose to make his?

"
Episode Two:Burnt Metal
Terron awoke to his big brothers purple eye in his face.
"It's your big day scrawny one!" Shouted Judas proudly. Terron slowly rose from his comfortable soft bed, dreading not only this day, but the fact that everyone in Minoa would be watching him. On the day that Judas made his gauntlets, even the king of Angkor Wat was there to watch. Judas did fine under pressure, but Terron would always get nervous, and make a fool out of himself, revealing his true age, and the fact that his brother was the older one.
"Terron, it is time, get dressed, you have allot of work to do today. and don't worry, i ordered that the towns people and politicians stay away for the day. i know how you bend under pressure." Said Maximilien as he entered the room. he bore a happy, yet remorseful expression upon his face as he sat on Terron's bed as he got dressed.
"Father, what should i do? for my blade? i mean...i know i want to mold a sword, it is my best weapon, but i do not know what kind to make..." asked Terron to his father desperately as he pulled on his sleeveless working shirt.
"Terron, do you see this?" asked Maximilien as he held up his Sabre blade. Terron nodded as he stared at its pure golden handle, and mirrored silver Damascus metal blade.
"When was at the Smelting pot i was the most nervous man on the face of the earth...As i poured the metal, and the essences i chose, i noticed something about swords...They are the most reliable weapon in our arsenal, they are more than a weapon, they can be a tool. So i made a sword that could not only be a weapon, but a most convincing tool." Explained the father, his son, Terron was fully dressed, and completely entranced in the story as his father stood with the blade in his hand as if in battle.
"And then! There on the front lines, Milos and I were trapped, fallen into a hole dug fifty times my own height down! And my blade became our salvation! You see Terron, this groove in the middle here, isn't there for show, it is a catcher, while it was designed to make blood fall out of the enemy like a freshly cut water bag, it makes great grip for a climbing tool." As Maximilien tolled the story and acted out he and Milos climbing out of the trap, Terron felt like he was eight years old again, after he had awoken from his acoma and the Fuhrer tolled him about how he and Terron's true father had fought off hundreds of soldiers defending Minoa together.
Judas sat outside the door to Terron's room, a grin on his face. He had herd the story before, and enjoyed hearing it again. He then looked at his pocket watch and quickly opened the door.
"guys! its time!" he shouted worried that he tolled them too late. Terron's room was empty except for a wardrobe,bed,dresser, and a set of weights ranging from fifty-five pounds, to over one-hundred and fifty pounds. The walls were black with red border, and his warm cotton sheets were the same.
The three men soon reached the Mill, were an old haggard man stood straight and proud as the Fuhrer came into sight.
"MY FUHRER! It is an honor that you would choose my mill as a proper place for your son to craft his weapon!" the man then saluted.
"At ease, your not a soldier anymore remember Ferris?" said Maximilien softly with a chuckle. The name Joseph Farris was not a new one for Terron or Judas. He was the man who helped Maximilien himself craft his Sabre.
"So Terron, what have you brought for Essence?" asked Ferris smiling down at him. Terron then preceded to place a long and wide box on the table, it was at least fifty pounds of pure oak. As Terron opened the box, Maximilien's eyes widened with confusion and fear.
A long and wide tipped Dao blade, it to had a mirrored coating on it, but it was made of pure steel rather than Damascus metal.
"It was my fathers... I want it melted down and added to my Damascus mixture." Said Terron in a voice that was as serious as he had ever been. 
The only words he could ever remember that his father said was..
"When you carry this blade you carry our families honor."
Then Terron looked up at Maximilien, who's face as still dumbfounded that Terron had kept the blade this long with out him ever knowing.
"Father? Are you ok?" asked Judas.
Maximilien suddenly snapped back into reality.
"Yes..Yes my son im fine, lets leave your brother to work alone on his blade, it will make it more of a surprise when he shows it to us tonight." Said Maximilien as he stumbled over his own words.
As his brother and father left Ferris slapped Terron on the back saying in an old grouchy voice,
"Ok kid, lets get this over with." suddenly the proud to be a Minoan citizen blacksmith dissipated and a grouchy pissed off blacksmith appeared.  
As Terron lit the flame that would begin his new life, sweat began to pour down his face, he dropped the blade into the Smelting pot, and then placed the box underneath him to stand on. soon the fire was great and it was time to add he Damascus metal, as he did he heard a great hissing sound, as he looked into the pot of magma metal, he swore he could have seen a serpent of some kind, but it vanished.
He denounced the vision as nothing more than smoke and continued with the procedures.As the fire melted the materials, and the mixer inside moved them around, Terron sat at a box, this box was filled with sand, a very special sand that cannot melt. He was toled to make his design in the sand, therefore, once the blade was made...it would never be made again.
after hours of molding and messing up, then molding again, Terron finally had the idea, it would be the first blade of its kind ever made. He slowly carved into the thick sand and created his blade. 
Now came the time to add the Liquidized metal, as he slowly poured it in, it took its shape, a long, fifty seven inch blade, that was two feet wide and weighed so much that the table the sand was in suddenly busted and collapsed to the floor. 
It dried quickly, it was a single edged blade, that resembled a giant kitchen knife, but it was perfectly balanced, and as Terron lifted it a few hours later, he could eel there was something special about it. Although it was at least a hundred pounds, he maneuvered with it like it was a common Sabre blade.
"In all my years of being a sword-smith, for wars, and even costume pieces...Never have i seen such a magnificent weapon. how are you lifting it?" asked Ferris in amazement. Terron couldn't answer, he was mesmerized by the burnt metal of his new weapon.
He then quickly walked over to the box and stood on it, holding the blade in the air.
"This blade shall forever be known as! The waxing Crescent bade!!" As he shouted this the box underneath him broke, and he collapsed to the ground, his blade held tightly in his hands.
As he slowly rose to his feet he saw a book sticking out of a hidden spot in the box, on the front was a note,
"Do not open until your 21"
Terron's eyes widened as he looked at the book, it was a diary, on the front, underneath the note it read.
"to my son, from his mother."
As he herd Maximilien's footsteps approach he hid the small book in his pocket.
"My my, that is one large blade." Said his father smiling.
Terron smirked, they said there goodbyes to the blacksmith and began there walk home, the entire way they were both silent. Terron wondered were Judas was, but thought more about when he would be able to read the book. he felt he should abide by his mothers dieing wishes.


© 2011 ShaneBerry


Author's Note

ShaneBerry
NEXT EPISODE!
Blayders Episode Three-21

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Still going strong.. you hold back enough to keep the reader's interest.
Your description of the sword forging process is excellent.... attention
to detail...key to keeping the reader up on what is actually going on.

There are a few grammatical errors ; "tolled" should be told... and a few
other minor things, just hit the spell check and do a bit of editing and
this write will be perfect. Sometimes, you get all caught up in the ideas
that are flowing and it's really easy to make those grammatical mistakes.

Again, I say this really does have the makings of an epic tale and you
are doing fantastic work with it. Can't wait for more :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

hmm, an interesting blade.
the more i read this, the more hooked i get
you are a truly amazing writer.
some grammer, not that i know exactly what it is...
but i can tell its there, when i read it it dosn't sound perfect...
but close enough so that the story is still the main focas and the errors only small distractions.
i really love what your doing so far.
this story could honestly become a best seller.
something other novelists aspire to be able to write like.
:D onto the next chapter!!!!

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. .ana.016.
.memberID. 016
.division. II
.division.leader. Shane
.name. Arianna
.username. nerdypenguin2427
.novels. Sanctuary, Right Side Up
.status. Reader, Early Writer, Role Model
.join date. 04-03-2011



Posted 12 Years Ago


This chapter had the feel of something big happening, like a pivotal scene in an epic. The forging of a sacred blade, more than just a weapon but an actual ally for Terron, created from the essence of his very soul.
(Reminded me of Cloud from Final Fantasy 7, too, with the sword bigger than he is.)
Also, I liked the story Maximillian told about using the sword to climb up out of the pit.

And the diary...that was a good point of curiosity to end the chapter on.
I'm ready to read on and see what happens next.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Go on - this is pacing up well!

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is going really well. You should go through and correct your spelling, for examply "tolled" is spelled "told" but other than that this is going really well.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Can't wait to hear what's in the diary!

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good story and waiting to read more.
Life and Light!
TT-TTO-NI-K
Elk

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this story. To create weapons was a great art in the days of old. The chapter was very good. Took the reader into the mind of Terron desire for the perfect blade. A strong ending to a excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very good write. The passage of youth in the society through ritual. Seeking wisdom from the father, cryptic message from a lost mother. Feels like you covered it all! Great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Going good hon!
Vivid chapter, keeping the pace nicely :)
Making the reader want more each time, thats good!
xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is an interesting story. I can only begin to imagine the course young Tarron's life is going to follow. I'll be waiting on the next episode for sure.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

898 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 1, 2010
Last Updated on March 14, 2011
Tags: hero, soldier, memorial, death, rebirth, love, hate, morning, sword, fantasy, war, life, human, culture, fiction, poetry, story, prequel


Author

ShaneBerry
ShaneBerry

denton, TX



About
My Chemical Romance “The Ghost of You” Name: Shane Douglas Berry Age: Born on 8/4/1992 Hair color: Brown Eye color: Green Skin color: White, Freckled Tattoos: Oroborus (red, center.. more..

Writing
Original Original

A Poem by ShaneBerry



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..