Goodbye is not always bad, (It’s the Loneliness that makes it Seem that Way)

Goodbye is not always bad, (It’s the Loneliness that makes it Seem that Way)

A Poem by ShaneBerry
"

sometimes it just needs to be said

"

Goodbye is not always bad, (It’s the Loneliness that makes it Seem that Way)


The gleaming shine of my Cell phone screen wakes me up from a soft dream of love,


With depressing texts, reminded me of the past you cannot let go of.


What would be so different this time as it was before?


Think of the past that I abhor.


Shattering my veins, with dark blue blood, pumping from frustration like it did before!


I’m sorry girl but I do not love you like I did, anymore.


And I know that it is sad, but goodbye is not always bad,


I know one day soon you will be glad.


We will always know of the times we had,


But for now it’s goodbye, and for a while it will feel so sad.

© 2011 ShaneBerry


Author's Note

ShaneBerry
Read,Review,Love? lool

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

the title is what grabbed me! beautiful and to the point!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Breaking up is a hard thing to do, but if it doesn't work out then there's nothing else to do.

Posted 13 Years Ago


How true that is. Goodbye is definitely not always bad.
Sometimes it would have been better to never say hello in the first place.
But it looks like you've found a good one now.
(And hot damn, she's cute!!!!)

~~Novelists Elite~~
Display: DesertGuy
Novelists Elite Member ID: 008
Division: I
Name: Jake
Username: DesertKing
Novels: Cliff, The Beautiful Ones
NE Status: Early Reader, Early Writer
Join Date: 03-24-2011
__________________

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

the 5th line is utterly breathtaking... the description really amazed me. Great and heartwarming poem... nice choice of words.
i like it

Posted 13 Years Ago


You're right, good-byes aren't aways bad but they sure can hurt for a while. Once the pain has faded then the good can shine through. Sometimes relationships just need to end, they're run their course. I think you did an awesome job on this. I read it several times just because I DO like it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


As for me, I really do love it!
Good title also.. but it is bad sometimes I think.. but this is your poem so it is not bad - love it.

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
breaking up is hard to do...but if its not right..its not right...

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SB, this poem has some strong possibilities. Here are some critiques for you.
The sub title, second part, "(It’s the Loneliness that makes it Seem that Way)" Is not brought out in the poem. Why does the loneliness do that? How?
Change "reminded" to "reminding" to keep the present tense consistent in the first sentence.
What does Shattering my veins mean? how can veins be shattered? A heart maybe. but veins? Find another verb that makes more sense.

The last four lines are not as strong as the first six, either in imagery or flow. Consider rewriting them so they "feel" similar to the beginning of the poem.

Otherwise, nice write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A powerful poem with a sad and logical story. When two people reach a point where happiness isn't possible. Ain't easy to escape in a polite way. Time does make all things less painful. I like the ending. A outstanding poem. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sometimes letting go is the right thing to do~ as hard as it is...........well written and very apt!

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

487 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 3, 2011
Last Updated on March 3, 2011

Author

ShaneBerry
ShaneBerry

denton, TX



About
My Chemical Romance “The Ghost of You” Name: Shane Douglas Berry Age: Born on 8/4/1992 Hair color: Brown Eye color: Green Skin color: White, Freckled Tattoos: Oroborus (red, center.. more..

Writing
Original Original

A Poem by ShaneBerry



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Man Man

A Poem by Tate Morgan