Episode Four- And so it Begins!

Episode Four- And so it Begins!

A Chapter by ShaneBerry
"

Terron joins the Blayders training facility in the central army command center and meet the higher ups that will control his destiny, he quickly finds that new comers are not treated very well.

"

Episode Four- And so it Begins!


Terron awoke, excited and frightened. He knew that today he would leave for the training facility that was far away from here, from his home. He knew that this would be his first step towards the truth about his past. He would train, become a Blayder, then run away from the country and seek answers in Gonur. He was dressed, packed, and ready to go. As he walked towards the front door Judas was leaned against the wall with crossed arms, Terron could sense his older brother did not approve of his decision.

               “You leav’in?” Judas asked angrily. Terron nodded, and then held his hand out to shake. Judas then stood and walked past him not saying a word. There was a sinking feeling in Terron’s stomach that this would be the last time he and his dear brother would ever speak again, but he pressured on out the door not turning once. As the doors closed Judas slammed his fist into the nearby wall, his gauntlets tore through the stone like paper.

               “Fine, leave me here with these people…” he muttered to himself as tears ran down both of his cheeks.

Terron walked out of the Mansion, he looked back at the great oak doors for the last time. His Blade was neatly tucked away in the sheath strapped to his back, his Black leather duster drifted in the wind, and his black Rhino skin steal toe boots crumbled on the ground as he walked to the polished silver crossly car. As he sat in the passenger seat his nostrils were filled with the scent of the white leather. He had never been in a car before, he felt unsecure and lazy as the front yard garden slowly moved by him.

               “So, Terron when will you be returning?” Ask Fredrick, the driver. Terron ignored the question, he knew if he was to answer it, the duty to ensure Terron never leaves would fall upon Fredrick, who was a Veteran Blayder. They soon began to drive faster and faster, the crackling of the gravel road beneath the tires grew louder and louder. Terron again looked out the window at the scenery that pasted by ever so quickly,

“Fredrick, Where is the war front at this moment?” Terron asked slowly.  Fredrick’s head stood straight, and his white curled end mustache seemed to jump at the question.

“Why, Master Terron, why would you ever suspect I would have a clue as to where the warfront is, I haven’t been in service for over twenty years, you were still a lad last time I saw the battlefield.” Fredrick said this with a very cornered and desperate tone of voice. Terron knew he had hit a sore spot in Fredrick’s mind.

“I am sorry sir, please forgive my ignorance, I wish I had more information for you, I am sure the generals will know, once you are at the training camp they will inform you, that’s how it was for me. Awe, there is a story worth telling you young master,” Fredrick’s eyes became filled with nostalgia as he began speaking, Terron listened fully ready to hear anything he could about the Blayders training camp he would soon be living in.

“You see master Terron, back when I was a young lad, at the start of the Minoan, Gonuries Alias agreement, long before your father was Fuehrer, Blayders training was for any soldier who would be willing to take the harsh treatments and trainings. You see, King Athelstan the Glorious, Believed that the will and hearts of the people would save us from the brink of destruction. He was a very wise man, unfortunately, before and the Emperor of Gonur could sign the Alias Agreement, he was assassinated by an unknown assailant. There was no successor to the throne, and the military rule of Minoa began. There have only been two Fuehrer’s’ in the history of Minoa Terron, your father, and his father. I love my country Terron, but that does not mean I love the leaders who rule it. Your father began this war for selfish reasons, and I have lost many good comrades because of it.” The car then stopped, outside the window was a large building, larger than any building Terron had ever seen, he turned his head to Fredrick, who had tears running down his face.

Terron watched him drive away, nothing but a large cloud of dust flowing behind the vehicle.  He then turned to the opening to the extremely large black dome building. There were no windows, and from the looks of it the front door was the only door.  Terron knew the second he crossed the doorway he would not be able to leave without a fight. His heart filled with anticipation and fear, but he was ready.

He began walking up the steps to the only door available, when a man walked out of the building angrily, he had a red cloak wrapped around his waist, black hair, white skin, and a terrifying look on his face.

               “God Damnitt Hackworth! The Fuehrer cannot just send off a battalion of undertrained soldiers like this! The Blayder are not his toys!” shouted the man as he slammed the door closed. He then walked down the stairs accidentally slamming into Terron.

               “Sorry kid, I’ve been having a rough day.” He said reaching his hand down to help Terron up. Terron dusted himself off then nodded.

               “Looks like it, I’m sorry to ask, but where do I go to sign in?” Terron asked confused.

               “Ooh, you must be Terron; the Fuehrer told me you would be arriving today. Come with me, it’s not like I have anything else to do.” He said walking back towards the door he had just slammed. Terron followed looking around at the massive building.

 

               As they entered the first thing Terron noticed was that it had the same feel to it as the Fuehrer’s study, an empty colorless hallway, the man lead Terron down the hall a long ways until they reached doorway, on the other side was a large field, the roof of the building had been cut off, sunlight shined down through. The field was full of obstacles and training equipment. There was even a full size military tank that seemed to be operational.

               “Wow!” Terron exclaimed as he gawked at the training courses, soldiers were running flawlessly on thin oak tree balance beans, and then jumping over muddy ponds onto almost vertical rock walls. Every soldier in the room had a different blade, some held in frogs on their sides, others strapped to their backs. It was a sight to behold.

               “This is where you will be spending most of your free time, here and the command centers after you become a Blayder. When not at war this is what we do. I am Colonel Thomas Gage; you will address me as Colonel Gage understood?” said Gage, every word out of his mouth was stiff and absolute, even though it was a question, Terron knew he had no choice.

               “Gage, who do you have there?” asked a tall thin man who was approaching slowly, he held an Epee Rapier blade, and it was long and super thin, designed for speed.

               “Ah, Colonel Hackworth, this is Terron Robespierre, he will be joining the Blayders training regimen here. By request of the Fuehrer himself.” Col.Gage Said very casually. Terron stood straight and saluted the Colonel, then turned to Col.Gage.

               “Sir I would like to receive my training as soon as possible.” He asked clearly and sternly, he was ready and Col.Gage could see that.

               “Very well, first we will need to asses a preliminary level of your skills. May I see your weapon?” he asked holding his hand out, Terron reached over his shoulder and grabbed the solid handle of the blade. The noise it made as it was drawn from the leather holster always filled Terron with a vibe of relaxation, its mirror finish shone in the light flowing from the roof. As Terron handed it to the Colonel, his arm dropped from the weight, a look of surprise grew on Col.Gage’s face as the weight of the blade was too much for him to barely lift, let alone wield in battle.

               “Well kid this is a surprise, this weapon is far too heavy.” Col.Gage said handing him the handle, Col.Hackworth was also very surprised, he could tell Col.Gage was not joking.

               “Sir I can wield it just fine. I do not mean to be so bold, but I have held this blade my entire adult life and request that you let me keep it.” Terron said holding the blade and setting it on his shoulder as if was a feather. Curiosity filled Col.Gage’s eyes as Terron lifted the blade.

               “Meet me in my office later Terron, for now Colonel Hackworth will conduct your assessment. After you are situated into your bunk based on skill come to my office, and bring your blade, that is all.” Col.Gage said this, and just before walking away Terron replied “SIR!” and saluted as he left.

 

Terron followed Col.Hackworth through the obstacle course, every soldier who he passed or came into eye shot of stopped whatever they were doing and saluted shaking with fear and respect.

               “It looks like everyone here has great admiration for you. Sir.” Terron said looking at the soldiers who seemed to hope the Colonel would continue to walk passed them.

               “Yes, this is basically the center command center for the Minoa army boy. They know if I sense one ounce of weakness or disrespect I will kick their sorry asses out of here so quickly, they won’t even be able to get their blades from their bunks, that may be why they call me the blade collector around here.” He finished turning and looking a Terron, Terron stood straight as he was towered over by this behemoth of a man.

               “Let us hope your blade is not the next one to go on my trophy rack.” He said in an attempt to frighten Terron. Terron grew up with an older brother for years; he was in no way afraid of loss.

               “Sir! No disrespect, but I see no reason to fear you, we are both soldiers in arms, I respect you, I will not fear you.” Terron shouted, every soldier in earshot froze, mouth agape, eyes widened. They could not believe what they had just heard someone say to Col.Hackworth.

               “HA HA! I like you boy! You have spunk! Something the military has been running very low on recently.” The Colonel shouted patting Terron on the back very hardly. Terron kept his serious face though, he knew there was a chance this man would soon become his enemy, but for now he was more concerned with what the assessment of his skills would be.

 

They soon arrived at a very large dirt ring in one of the corners of the obstacle course, it was flat and wide, men walked up to the ring with their blades in hand. One in particular stood out to Terron, a woman wearing a black sports bra top, and black shorts. She had a long Jian blade as her blade in her hand.

               “Ah, Lieutenant Colonel Phoebe, pleas step into the ring.” Commanded Col.Hackworth, as he did she nodded and stepped into the dirt circle and took a fighting stance with her blade in hand.

               “Terron, you will fight her. This is how I will assess your skills as a Blayder. It is a mock battle, fight until you can no longer fight.” Instructed Col.Hackworth, he then pushed Terron into the ring, without any opportunity to argue, Terron drew his blade and took a fighting stance.

 

Without so much as an introduction Phoebe ran towards Terron and swung her blade at his neck, Terron flipped backwards kicking her blade into the air, she leapt up and grabbed it, and as she fell back to the ground she and Terron’s blades met in a great flash of blue sparks. Terron could now deduce that her blade was also made of Damascus metal. Terron used the force she was pressing against their blades to lean on her and use the blades as a balance as he kicked her to the ground, her blade flew out of her hand and slid across the floor, Terron then pointed his blade at her neck.

               “Quite the show of skill. An officer two ranks above you, and you knocked her down without breaking a sweat. However, you still lost. There were three points in which the Lieutenant Colonel could have easily taken your life.” Col.Hackworth Stated as he clapped to Terron.

               “Excuse me?” asked Terron offended, he felt that if she could have killed him she would have said something. Col.Hackworth then signed for Terron to follow him as he walked towards another pure white hallway. Terron followed looking back at Ltc.Pember who was smirking waving at Terron as he walked away.

               “Regardless of being beaten, you showed incredible skill, you will bunk here with the other Lieutenant Colonels. I was very impressed with your skill there in the ring.” Col.Hackworth said reluctantly, it seemed as if he wanted to insult him, but was honestly very impressed with Terron’s abilities. He then left Terron the get situated in his bunk. But Terron had bigger fish to fry, he immediately left the room and began to search for Col.Gage’s office, he soon reached a door that said “Ltc.Gage” on it, Terron walked in to find Ltc.Pember buttoning up her white sleeveless shirt.

               “Oh it’s you, what do you want boy?” she asked putting on her red coat.

               “I was looking for Colonel Gage, you wouldn’t know where I could find him would you?” asked Terron irritated to see this woman again. She walked passed Terron and said,

               “Follow this main hallway down to the right you will see a door with a plank that says Col.Sickle, that is Col.Gage’s office.” She then walked the opposite way back towards the obstacle course. Terron did not understand why she was so cold to him all of the time, but he quickly shook off the feeling of confusion and continued walking down the hall way, it was pure white and emotionless, only the many metal planks with names on them distinguished where Terron was going. He was soon at the front door of Col.Gage’s office; he knocked and heard the words,

               “Enter” and he opened the door, ready for whatever lay on the other side.



© 2011 ShaneBerry


Author's Note

ShaneBerry
Next Episode Five: Friends in high places & Construction 1

hi reader! shane here, i'm sorry that the past few chapters have not been very action filled, that will change soon! pleas leave you honest opinion of "Blayders" so i can figure out what to change :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

...
i'm sad.
very sad,
would you like to know why...
ill tell you.
that little button up there.
my favrote button...
the one that tells me there is another amazing chapter for me to read after this.
its missing.
which tells me that the last sentence i just read...
is all i can read right now,
which is the source of my sadness.

now that we all know why im sad.
DAHM IT YOU DID IT AGAIN.
i keep reading, thinking maybe this book will get less addicting.
thinking MAYBE i will be able to find something. anything i don't like about it.
and i did.
...there isnt another chapter.
thats what i do not like...
but thats it!
i LOVE this book.
and when it gets published,
and you HAVE TO PROMISE ME. IT WILL GET PUBLISHED!!!!
i will buy it.
TWO COPIES.
and i will put one on my special book shelf. where only my favrote books go.
just so i know i have them.
and the other one i will read.
over and over and over.
until the book is pretty much destroyed from over reading.
that is how much i love it.
and its been what....
5 episodes.
i cant WAIT to read more.
and it will be a crime!!!
punishable by annoyance to the highest degree
(meaning i will bug the living daylights out of you!)
NOT to finish, publish and MASS PRODUCE this book!!!!

...ok...
i get a bit carried away sometimes.
but its true...
and im impatient.
love it.
obviously:)

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. .ana.016.
.memberID. 016
.division. II
.division.leader. Shane
.name. Arianna
.username. nerdypenguin2427
.novels. Sanctuary, Right Side Up
.status. Reader, Early Writer, Role Model
.join date. 04-03-2011

Posted 12 Years Ago


truly epic

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is actually going really well. Please check your grammar and spelling throughout. However, these aren't bad at all.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

614 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 16, 2011
Last Updated on August 5, 2011
Tags: Blayders, Shane, Berry, Atheist, Love, War, Hate, Life, Death, Chaos, Swords, Epic, Novel, Desert, Jungle, Savannah, Germany, China, Africa, India, Zulu tribe, Blades, knives, blood, beauty, peace


Author

ShaneBerry
ShaneBerry

denton, TX



About
My Chemical Romance “The Ghost of You” Name: Shane Douglas Berry Age: Born on 8/4/1992 Hair color: Brown Eye color: Green Skin color: White, Freckled Tattoos: Oroborus (red, center.. more..

Writing
Original Original

A Poem by ShaneBerry