Don’t Panic! (The World is just on Fire)

Don’t Panic! (The World is just on Fire)

A Poem by ShaneBerry
"

new style of writing, im trying to be artistic, (but with it still being about the subject, not gonna go overboard on it) this one is for Kayla, and for my family.

"

Don’t Panic! (The World is just on Fire)

 

I cover my right eye with my left hand,

And look out onto the world from this place where I stand.

I listen with my left ear; I hear nothing with my right,

Hear the birds become the wind and the day become the night.

For thunderous applause, please click here.

For whispers in the night, lay your head upon my chest dear.

 

 Oh the children will smile,

They will be bad once in a while.

And lovers will dance,

She will smell like my cologne.

Oh I will get my second chance.

 

I cover your lips now darling.

On top of you or side to side,

Holding you close, fulfilling that deep empty longing.

 You tell me to close my eyes.

I can feel your breath getting closer to me,

I open my eyes and your lips are all I see.

 

I turn the lights off now my love,

Lay next to me, my friend,

And we will talk about anything you can think of.

 

Soft light pours, in through the window.

You look at me now,

Your soft yellow hair covers my pillow.

 

I cover my left eye with my right hand,

And look upon my world from here where we lay.

I listen to your breath dear.

A simple tune, and it’s all I need to hear.

© 2011 ShaneBerry


Author's Note

ShaneBerry
I'll wait for you, no matter what happens, i know who you are behind closed doors. and i know things about you no one, not even your boy friend knows. im not gloating, im not belittling your relationship at all. i just wish you would rember that i am always on your side. even when you are so wrong. i know you always make things right in the end. you are a truely one of a kind woman, and i love who you are. i know it will be hard to wait, i may never get to be with you this way again, i may wait in vein for the rest of my life, but haveing a terminal illness makes "the rest of my life" that much more important, and id rather spend it with somone that i know in my heart i can trust and love, rather than roll the dice and hope i find somone to love half as much as i love you.

this is a new style of poetry for me, more artistic in its metaphors and more about the feelings rather than the actions. this one is for kayla mostly, and for my family too. as much as i fucking hate them all (my family) i love them just as much as i hate them. if that makes sense.
lemme know what ya think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A lot of emotion and places you took me in the poem. Life can be long or short. Best to have fun and enjoy your life with the people you desire. I like the description and the desire of this poem. A excellent poem.

Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this for and flow you've got spinning onto the page here Shane. I think it's a more artistic form of expressing your emotions and it carries a deeper pulse to the underlying feeling of chaos that is currently revolving in your universe.
Just remember, as one never knows how fate will spin the next mile of the journey we walk upon. Have hope, have faith in yourself...know the eggs that you wish to see come alive around you, but don't count chickens before they hatch... That only leads to more heartache and chaos...

Good Ink Shane. Keep it flowing...for it takes the edge off of the blades of life.

Aaron

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was a very, very strong piece, especially since you are working in a new style. Great job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a bit different from what I expected, but it was a pleasure to see your means of artistic expression expand. I found this poem to have this frantic energy about it. There was a violent nature..like a storm that raged....but you created it in a very skillful way, as the things you never said were just as important as the things you did say. The comfort of the sanctuary you created with your thoughts made everything going on outside not matter anymore. I think that one of the most important things about having a special bond is the feeling that nothing can harm you while you are together. I got this from your work....and also found a long forgotten sense of loyalty that doesn't seem to exist anymore in our modern day society.

Although this poem is a complete story in it's own right....It seemed to be part of a story that would take a lifetime to explain. I felt that this quality held a critical part of it's effect and it's genuine feeling.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

291 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 25, 2011
Last Updated on November 25, 2011

Author

ShaneBerry
ShaneBerry

denton, TX



About
My Chemical Romance “The Ghost of You” Name: Shane Douglas Berry Age: Born on 8/4/1992 Hair color: Brown Eye color: Green Skin color: White, Freckled Tattoos: Oroborus (red, center.. more..

Writing
Original Original

A Poem by ShaneBerry



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..