The Child Stuck In The Middle

The Child Stuck In The Middle

A Story by sharrondark
"

when the parents just can't quite get their minds to let the past go and focus on the child needs. In court is all about the kids, NOT the ADULTS!!!!

"

A break-up can be devastating to the mother, father and children and this is a normal factor that can be resolved in time, space, and bereavement. Transition can be overwhelming and sometimes not enough to cope with the lost of family separation.

 

If you need to talk to someone reach out to positive people and higher authority to resolve the matter at hand. Children are very delicate at young ages and may not understand the full ordeal and concept of what is going on , may blame themselves for what has happened, reassure them that is never their fault. Adults have to learn to be mature as well as the child. If the child see such bad behavior from the parents they may act out in school to get attention something that not being observed at home.

 

Kids have to adjust to having two homes and many rules from both parents households and with the new significant other being involved, can turn ugly and a serious battle to keep the new spouse from being mean and disrespectful to the kids and the other parent. Keeping them in their place as a spouse and not as a mediator.

 

Both parents have to solve the matter in a timely and mature status or returning to court can be a big problem for the parent who may need mental health attention because of the break-up and not getting exactly what they wanted in the custody/child support case. Communication is key and always should be considered before drastic measures may occur. The children are stuck in the middle feeling lonely and distant from both parents and may turn to the grandparents for comfort. 

© 2012 sharrondark


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

329 Views
1 Review
Added on February 8, 2012
Last Updated on February 9, 2012
Tags: children, court, child support, custody, parents, maturity, love, respect, honor

Author

sharrondark
sharrondark

Washington, DC



About
Sharron Dark loves to write especially for children's book. Blogging she has a thing for on any given day. more..

Writing
Why Me! Why Me!

A Poem by sharrondark