the troubled voodoo soul

the troubled voodoo soul

A Story by Sylver Marcus

Charles Peter Samuels is 17 years old. he lives with his father Jaime Harris Samuels, who lost his wife in an accident which he miraculously survived. Charles and his father hunt as a sport and one day they are hunting in the Great Grizzly Peaks in the off season and a girzzly bear comes out of his hibernation. Jaime immediately shoots and misses his target and runs thinking his son is following but is really abandoning his son while the bear attacks him. he somehow shoots the bear while he is on top of him and makes an escape with only a couple bruises on his arm and leg and a nasty scratch across his left cheek. He is not so religious but wants to thank god for being alive and starts attending the morning servies his school holds. And meets shelby. Shelby's parents both died of pancreatic cancer on seven months apart her mother went first. Shes living with her grandmother and she was just diagnosed. She started too also attend the services and she and Charles have an immdiate connection.
Thats when the flashbacks start, he can take any given situation thrown his way and he can determine the outcome of desicion made. he can either go one way or the other and still know what will happen but only at certain times when he has the flashbacks, something has to trigger them. Then He is sent to St. Brach's school for disillusioned or mentallly ill or challenged kids. there is oddly enough a school basketball team and he tries out and makes the team where he has more illusions but decides to keep them to himself this time. for he might be transferred to another school for retarded people. he has illusions of guns and hospitals but he dismisses them as excuses for being in an actual school/hospital. Then aiden (his buddy from the team) shoots Jerry (his best friend) for taking his girlfriends marcia on a date and jerry dies. when he realizes what hes done he shoots himself. Charles doesnt know what to make of this and decided to keep calm on the outside until his birthday (in a week) when he can sign himself out of this institute because he is a legal adult and his father cant hold him there any longer. He has a flashback of shelby and longs to see her because he had a flashback of marrying her, and when he goes back to his hometown she is dead, she died because the cancer spread to her lungs somehow and she couldnt breathe. He mourns for days and visits her grave burying a note near her tumb stone and has a flashback of his pop. (grandad) and worries so he visits the address he looks up, and finds his grandad dead but has a flashback of documents in his pops hand with his fathers signature on it. He gets to the address carved on a tree at least forty feet tall with overgrown branches and leaves but a house nowhere ot be seen for miles around. With no other choice he climbs remembering his grnadads old tree hous. He gets to the top byt teen feet and sees an old hous ein the brush and sees dead bodies of loved ones and unkown people hanging all arouund him and then sees his own corpse. He screams and triggers the ears of an old lady who smiles when she sees charles and asks him to come in to her home. he climbs reluctantly into the tree house and starts demanding such documents he saw in his flashback and fires questions at the woman who simply givces him tea and tells him to drink it until he calms down. she explains to him all the bodies and everything that theyre dead bodies of people whos souls are walking around all over the world and she can control them with flashbacks when she places and item that they can relate to in front of their face or give them pains anywhere or diseases using an odd shaped broom to give them pain when she wacks them and a pill ofr diseases. he died years ago and now was continuing life because he died so young. His father signed papers (the documents) that he was okay as long as he got to see his son again. charles thanks the woman and she gives him to documents as trade for him to promise never to speak a word of this to any soul, and he vows not to or she will kill his soul by tearing his corpse to shreds and burning them. He vows not to and leaves and demands answers from his father. he tells him his mother gave birth to a baby and she died in an accident home from the hospital and in the accident he died too and he kne wof this legend of a woman in the treee s his dad had told him and he let the woman bring charles back to life signing documents but when the woman tried to perform it she said he was not his biological son and he panicked and told the hospital where charles was bornt here was a mix of babies but he was placed for mentall illness (st.brachs) and he was released months later to find she changed hte boy anyway and he brought him up. now he leaves home mad at his dad and goes to visit shelby. he suddenly remembers the woman in the tree and goes back to her begging to bring shelby back to life. and she agrees but she insists on asking her permission first so they use the lady as a sacrifice and shelby takes her place as charles begs her to consider life again and living withhim and marrying him and she says as long as she can bring her parents back with her and he agrees. the lady comes back takes the 3 corpses and says to charles befroe she brings them back: i am only agreeing to this because i feel bad for all the trouble i caused you in your life and because your grandad was my borther. he freaks and hugs the woman and thanks her and promises theyll stay in touch and she creates shelby and her parents. charles gives shelby the ring and properly proposes. the parents offer to give charles their beachhouse on the jersey chore as reward fro agreeing to bring them back.  together tshelby and charles leave to find his real parents. they goes to the hospital and gives them his name. and they said they would call him as soon as they find anything. and they go to their home of their own and live together happily. the end.

© 2008 Sylver Marcus


Author's Note

Sylver Marcus
sorry for being so brief and so many mistakes i just want advice on how this could be good for a novel of course i would be more detailed and everything so leave any advice at all, any ideas that could happen in the story, any things that shouldnt happen or ask me any questions on things you dont get and ill get back to you as soon as i can. thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

thank you! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Personally I think this is great so far.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

484 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 13, 2008

Author

Sylver Marcus
Sylver Marcus

About
Hey peole I'm Sylver and i love reading, writing and weekends! i grew up in a small town with a strong and close community, with my younger brother, and my parents. I started reading a lot in firs.. more..

Writing