Coming Out

Coming Out

A Story by Kopa...

 'Mark!", quickly he spurred up from under his blankets, the call had sounded firm and military like<, only, it wasn't, he knew whose voice it was and the tone never really bothered him, she was always getting on his nerves since childbirth.
   With blood red eyes still filled with sleep he turned and mounted a stare at his caller, standing adjacent his bed was the 5 ft 9 inch frame of Chloe, she looked as pale white as ever with her nails covered in black nail polish, she was wearing a not too sexy black Givenchy strapless gown and flat black flip-flops, her hair looked as fiercely red as it looked the day before.
   ''did you really have to yell?'' mark asked.
    '' yep, i had been calling at you in low tones for the past 5 minutes", mark did not believe her, he had always seen Chloe as a monster from another planet sent to torment his earthly existence.
     ''so, are you gonna get outta bed? its eight already and am bored".
     "wheres mom and dad?" he asked with almost a frown building on his face.
     " at the pool, mom has a bikini on, retarded!''. Chloe was a 'scene' girl, she loved being emo, loved rock music and talked about love a lot. She was two years Marks senior and loved her baby brother more than her parents put together.
   ''so are you still going to do it?'' she asked, her pale white cheeks turning red.
   "i don't know Klo, maybe i shouldn't, its a lot harder than i had imagined", his voice carried emotion as he spoke, he never saw himself with the strength his sister poised, he was in his own terms a little too laid back and calm.
      ''well its your call Mark, if it doesn't click with your head then back out, gotit?"' she sounded like military now, and had the face to match. Mark only nodded still looking uncomfortable, and then with a sudden burst he called as she was taking her step out,
   ''lemme take a shower,i'll join you guys, and thanks'', she gave him a wink and he rushed into the bathroom.
under the showers mark kept on talking to himself, it was the biggest day of his 16 years of existence, he needed all the pre-arrangements he could get. 
   To his own surprise he  showered under 15 minutes, most unlike him, did a little arranging of his room and joined the rest of the family at the pool side. His architect mother was indeed wearing a bikini, greenish yellow with darting white, she didn't rock it like Klo would say. His dad sat at the far end, legs in water, he wore plain biking shorts and a loose Hawaiian rainbow colored shirt, Klo sat next to him with their dogs.
   The arrangement looked pre planned, like they knew he wanted to say something to them at that instant, he mustered courage and walked towards the family, his dad placed a concerned stare at his direction.
   "are you okay son, you look a little blue'', he asked.
    ''yes i am, but...'' mark couldn't find the last words.
    ''is there something wrong baby?'' his mother blurred out.
   ''no, am fine mom, just that.......there's something i have to say to you guys" it certainly was becoming a difficult task now, no doubt.
    "son, if what you want to tell us is that you are gay, then don't worry, we know already". it sounded like a dream, he had to blink to know that it was real, still not convinced and with mouth agape he heard his mother this time,
    "we know baby, and we are okay with it, showing that's what you want". this was the final straw, he felt like dying and floating to heaven, he couldn't believe his ears.
    "Mark!". he recognized the voice, slowly he opened his eyes to see her figure standing opposite his bed, then it finally came down on him, it was all a dream, he still had his task ahead.              

© 2014 Kopa...


Author's Note

Kopa...
i will appreciate your honest reviews, leave nothing out. TkS

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

this story was good. i liked his older sister. I would try making it a bit more climatic, like he is trying to get out of telling them or something.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kopa...

9 Years Ago

that would be lovely Chibi, make sure to send me a read request when you finish. Thanks a lot.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 21, 2014
Last Updated on May 21, 2014
Tags: gay, family, dream

Author

Kopa...
Kopa...

Port Harcourt, Nigeria



About
Silence, shadow trail, bird of night.................. more..

Writing
Love x Hate Love x Hate

A Poem by Kopa...





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5