In the spirit of play.

In the spirit of play.

A Poem by sherni

I'm almost ashamed to say this but today I had a reflection before opening this book, and this picture isn't quite posted for the words written on it, but what else lays on the page. One thing that my brother had said to me has stuck with me for a while. It went something along the lines of, "I think the most intelligent people are the ones who reflect." It got me thinking, and I think he's absolutely right. I mean it could turn out to be a little superficial to plan to reflect every day. It shouldn't be a forced thought, but a desperate one. Does that make sense? We should reflect. Not because we should reflect, but because we've experienced something so enriched, that it finds it's way into our minds to evaluate. Not to undermine the elegant words of this book that never disappoints, the last verse digs deep. "In the spirit of play" is how we should reflect. 
When I opened this page tonight I noticed the body of a small fly. I momentarily thought about how far it would have traveled to die in between these papers. Now if I could reflect on the potential journey of a small being, shouldn't I try to live my life so my mind is full of reflection? It's so important to do things that make you appreciate and feel gratitude for yourself, for those you care about, and for the environment you're blessed to live in. Don't force things, let them happen. But make damn well sure that those "things" are worth your thoughts.

© 2014 sherni


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on November 8, 2014
Last Updated on November 8, 2014
Tags: tao te ching, lao tzu, intelligent, way of life, stuck, reflection, right, forced, desperate, reflect, opening, picture, today, sense, experience, enriched, small, body, blessed, appreciate

Author

sherni
sherni

Canada



About
Trying to re-ignite love over and over again, without structure. more..

Writing