The eye of a tornado.

The eye of a tornado.

A Poem by sherni

Like the eye of a tornado, in empty desperation we tend to surround ourselves in chaotic action to lift our spirits. Yet with that destruction we are left and leave nothing but darkness. Sometimes our souls drop at the slightest thought of something that pains us. "We become aware of the void as we fill it." Or at least try to... Sometimes it's better to acknowledge that pit instead of trying to jump over it; cuz even if you don't fall in, the fear that consumes you while trying to avoid it will last a life time. Fall into that emptiness then jump back out-only then can you carry the strength you've always had, but gained in an irrevocably brilliant way.

© 2014 sherni


Author's Note

sherni
I do not own the picture attached to this poem.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews


Aloha,

Here are some thoughts that came to me after reading your piece..


I would tend to think that the answer to the question is perception... one's perception of his or her world.

The next answer would be attitude.. one can absolutely look at the glass half full or empty...

One amazing thing about humans is the fact that we have free will, we can determine within our mind how we choose to perceive this glorious world around us .. including our attitudes.

If you can conceive it... and believe it.. you can manifest it..

Thanks for sharing.

alisa

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
1 Review
Added on November 8, 2014
Last Updated on November 8, 2014
Tags: lift, spirit, soul, drop, pain, void, consume, jump, carry, strength, brilliant, way, eye, tornado, desperation, surround

Author

sherni
sherni

Canada



About
Trying to re-ignite love over and over again, without structure. more..

Writing