dreaming

dreaming

A Story by ~Sorcha~
"

this is just the dream sequences from a story I was writing when I had the time.

"

Looking out over a vast and seemingly endless ocean... no, sea, it's a sea because that's what the water is trying to tell me. I look out across it and in the distance is an orange dot. What is it? I'm moving closer, but I'm not in a boat and I'm not swimming; I can feel the water yet I am not in it. The dot, wait it's not a dot, and it's not orange. It's a fire, no, again I'm wrong. It's a flower, a flower made of fire. A lotus? Floating on the water, a lotus of fire.

I'm falling, I don't know how or where, but I am. The sea is gone, the lotus is gone, all light is gone. I'm just falling in darkness, so black, so empty. A light in the distance; I need that light. I run towards it. Wait... how am I running? The light is close, it's a window. I jump through it.

I'm floating in the sky, a blue sky with no clouds, no sun, but light somehow. I'm surrounded by seven extremely large orbs. Midnight blue, pale yellow, ocean green, crimson red, moonlight silver, plum purple, and pitch black. In each orb... there's a girl in each orb. I spin in a circle, looking at each one, each girl, all the same. Long, flowing, waving hair, possibly blonde but the colored orbs distort it. Sleeping, gently sleeping, and cradling themselves. They are all naked, I think. Pale skin, pale white skin. It has to be to reflect the color of the orbs that way. But I can't see the girl in the black orb. Is she the same too?

I stop. The girl in the silver orb is staring at me, staring at me like she has never seen someone like me before. Or something like me. She falls out of the orb, and glides along the air to me. No clothes, she really is naked. Are the rest?

Her hair falls to her ankles, covering most of her body. It's as golden as the sun is bright. Her eyes are the same silvery color of the orb. Are the other girls' eyes the same as their orbs? Is that why the orbs are that way? I stare at her, and I don't know what to do. Her skin is paler then snow, her body seemingly so frail, I fear if I should touch her she would shatter.

“Are you the savior? Will you rescue us?” She asks in a voice like a whispering wind, and it dances along my skin.

Without thinking I reply, “I am the daughter of Moon and Sun.”

“You will save us.” She says, no question, but instead acknowledgment. “Daughter of Moon and Sun, what is your name? I must know. I must be able to call you.” She asks, or rather, demands.

I am about to say my name, say I'm Sara, but I stop. No, Sara isn't right, it's my name, but it isn't my name at all. It never was my name. It can't have ever been my name. “My name is...” I think I know what it is, but I can't remember how to say it. It has been so long, so very long, since it has been used. “My name is Kiriai'ana Al'Arathiya.” I finally stutter.

“Kiriai'ana Al'Arathiya, you must come now. We can only wait for so long, only so long before we fade. Come Kiriai'ana, come quickly. Save us. Please save us.” She says as she and the others all fade. The sky grows dark and everything disappears again. I fall, so quickly, and I keep falling. Darkness and falling. And noise, I think I am going crazy.

I'm walking through the woods in my backyard. I think I'm following a deer path again, but it's not one that I normally take; it's one of the paths I usually avoid. It's dark, full of holes and thorn bushes, dead trees are scattered across the path; but I continue forward, tripping and falling, covering myself in scratches. The trees stand ominously around me, reaching into the ever darkening sky, yet crouching down, grabbing for me, making me run faster. The path stretches onward into the distance, night falling around me. Shadows between the trees stretch clawed hands out, trying to grab, to pull me into the darkness. I run, as fast as I can, I run. Suddenly I see a big patch of sunlight not far ahead, an open grove or something.

I finish the last few steps into the opening and close my eyes at the brightness of the sun. As my eyes adjust, I look around. No bushes, no grass, no trees at all in this large space. Instead, it's just a bunch of ruins. Three sand-colored platforms stacked atop each other like a miniature Aztec pyramid, but they're old and worn from the weather. I walk closer and see each platform is only about three feet tall, and each is covered in thousands of flat, shards of dark gray shale. The stones of the platforms are made of something similar to limestone, but not exactly the right texture. From a distance they looked smooth and worn, but as my fingers trace the top edge of the lowest platform, I find it to be smooth as silk yet sharper then broken glass and I end up pricking myself on the rock when there isn't any visible edge.

Blood flows from the prick, more blood then there should have been. It drips along the stone bricks and the shale shards, creating a pool of blood that is deep and wide. My finger suddenly stops bleeding and I look into my pool of blood. I stare transfixed, unable to look away.

Suddenly, a black clawed hand reaches from the pool and tries to grab my throat. I scream, scrambling up the stone wall, and up the second, then the top platform. Standing on the top, I look around and the forest is gone. I'm beside a desert, a vast desert wasteland. No trees, no plants, no life. Not even sand, but desert was the only word for the everlasting flat expanse of land around me.

I take a step forward to jump down the platforms, but again I'm falling. Falling and falling. That's all I do in my dreams lately, I fall. Even gravity is out to get me. As I fall I hear a loud roaring noise, thunderous, penetrating into my very consciousness.

I land hard on burnt earth. The dirt is black as night and ash is ground into each grain of sand. I stand up, brushing dirt and ash from my clothes, checking to make sure I have no cuts or serious injuries. Aside from a few small scratches on my hands, I seem to have no other injuries. And only one of the scratches seems to even be bleeding.

As fast as possible, I keep running, praying they can't catch me. Black claws reach out, grabbing for me. One claws my shoulder, burning through my flesh as I scream in pain. I trip and fall, and they converge on me. Their claws ripping at my body, tearing me to shreds. All the while, I live, I feel; I can't die as I watch them destroy me. The shadows rip through my flesh, pulling me limb from limb. Clawing and biting, eating my organs, basking in my blood. My body lies maimed and marred; my flesh is scattered in the oncoming darkness of night. I cry into the ever-darkening sky, begging for an answer, a reason. My cries die, echoing into nothingness. A single crimson tear trails my ruined cheek as a black cloak covers my eyes and I fade.

© 2010 ~Sorcha~


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amazing dream story! I like the way dreams use images as symbols for something in real life, these symbols are interesting. The girls in orbs, the lotus of fire and the claw in a pool of blood...I like this dream story.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 23, 2010
Last Updated on May 23, 2010

Author

~Sorcha~
~Sorcha~

Kaiserslautern, Germany (deployment), WA



About
I like to write; these past few years I have just hit writer's block after block. There are so many things in my life I could write about, but I can still never seem to find the words for any of it. .. more..

Writing
Requerrence Requerrence

A Chapter by ~Sorcha~


The Masque The Masque

A Book by ~Sorcha~