Last Touch

Last Touch

A Story by ~Sorcha~
"

project in work for fun when i have time

"

If I cover your body in tiny slits, drain you of all the blood that runs through your veins, and watch the life fade from your eyes, would you see me then? Would your eyes finally look at me?As I stand in front of you, you walk straight past without simple glance.


If I sew your lips shut never to speak again, would you finally be able to hear me? Could you then hear the words I so desperately scream? My lips whisper aside your ears, brushing lightly, yet you never notice.


If I embraced your maimed body, so destroyed you are unrecognizable as even human, would you then feel my touch? Would my hands running along the cuts, the bruises, be able to pierce through you until you felt me?


As death's cold hands pull you forth into the other, would you finally hold my hand in yours as I lead you? I beg you, take me as your own! Take me just once before I pull you into a place no one should ever endure. Hold me close while you still have warmth, while you still hold dear your sweet life. I beg you, see me! Touch me, hear me, something!

© 2010 ~Sorcha~


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lovely piece here, it is something to be really proud of.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A short but powerful piece of writing ^^ This story gripped me right from the first line and I found myself unable to stop reading. I loved your use of rhetorical questions and your sentence structure.

"If I embraced your maimed body, so destroyed you are unrecognizable as even human, would you then feel my touch? Would my hands running along the cuts, the bruises, be able to pierce through you until you felt me?"

That bit really got to me. A brilliant and emotional piece.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

341 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 5, 2010
Last Updated on July 5, 2010

Author

~Sorcha~
~Sorcha~

Kaiserslautern, Germany (deployment), WA



About
I like to write; these past few years I have just hit writer's block after block. There are so many things in my life I could write about, but I can still never seem to find the words for any of it. .. more..

Writing
Requerrence Requerrence

A Chapter by ~Sorcha~


The Masque The Masque

A Book by ~Sorcha~