Sieve, knave, dagger

Sieve, knave, dagger

A Story by ~Sorcha~
"

ok, I have no clue what the heck I even wrote here; I write it half asleep and gone from any sensibility at all so I cannot make sense of this.

"
Beating heart and bleeding hollow; we run red for a river lost to the Sieve's tales. Simple words mistake the heart, and that the knave's dagger should pierce us true is a future we thought to be folly.

How were we to know that with bodies dripping, life ebbing, that we were naught but lamb shells set as bait to the waiting wolves who would tear into us, one by precious one. They say dead men tell no tales; our tale is told only by death.

If our bodies should be maimed and marred, mangled into such nonrecognition of love and life alike; then truly we must be heard by something. Our silent solicitude, we scream out a soliloquy of despair. We two are antithetic as sun and moon; summer and winter. Heads or tails? You choose the slant; will predisposition hold overhead the first bias brought about or will the induction of reason pull forth the conclusion that truth has gone astray. Wisdom and Will are the guides into distraught shame that has brought forth our undoing.

We die here, but you exist. We found end to our threads of fate; fate pulls forth the intoxicating scenery that draws you as mindless prey that once we were but are never more.

Perchance you will be the sliver that pricks and starts blood to flow as ours once had; or mayhaps you be the thorn that stems from life into the darkness of nights' entrancing slumber. With either choice you will bring the horizon's beginning in your traipse amongst the dead that bow down and bend knee before your being.

They say that being or not being is a question; but no, for us it is an answer. We are not being by being in question of our grasp on truth that has, alas, eluded us. Shame befalls the dead men with missing tongues for the Sieve commands the knave, the knave commands the dagger, the dagger commands our life.

© 2010 ~Sorcha~


Author's Note

~Sorcha~
My hubby is making me keep it verse deleting it so I am. All errors I guess are purposeful?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

333 Views
Added on August 17, 2010
Last Updated on August 17, 2010

Author

~Sorcha~
~Sorcha~

Kaiserslautern, Germany (deployment), WA



About
I like to write; these past few years I have just hit writer's block after block. There are so many things in my life I could write about, but I can still never seem to find the words for any of it. .. more..

Writing
Requerrence Requerrence

A Chapter by ~Sorcha~


The Masque The Masque

A Book by ~Sorcha~