Emotions

Emotions

A Poem by Thanatos Darkraven

Blank, empty, void, alone, deserted, forgotten, unloved, dead. All how I feel right now. Since I've been alone, I've never felt the same. I pour out my heart and soul for all of you, but you don't see how I suffer! You don't realize all of the pain I go through for each and every one of you! All you see is the smile that I wear to hide a broken heart. All you hear is the laugh that masks muffled sobs. All you see are the scars that cover ever-bleeding wounds sliced open by your indifference and apathy.

 

Why I continue to torture myself, I cannot figure out. You obviously don't see the emotions behind the man. How you manage to miss them, I'll never know. How you can see me dying and walk the other way, I'll never be able to understand. Why can't you repay the kindness I've shown to you? Why can't you turn an open ear to my sorrows and concerns, for once? But then again why would you? What purpose does my life have for you anyway? Why should my sorrows move your heart as yours do mine?I gave you my heart, my soul, my everything. And yet, you seem to have forgotten that I even exsist.

 

You care nothing for my sorrows. Well, I'm sorry that I feel this way. I'm sorry that I have emotions. I'm sorry that I'm human. I'm sorry that I exist. Would that satisfy you? If I were to disappear forever? Would it please you to know that your indifference has shattered my dreams and ambitions? Well then rejoice, for it has! You have completed you goal of exiling me from society and from life. so rejoice in leaving me cold, broken, and alone! You ant me to disappear, so I will. Never again will you hear of my sorrows because I will cease to exist, just to make you happy.

© 2008 Thanatos Darkraven


Author's Note

Thanatos Darkraven
ok, just ignore the grammar and spelling mistakes, please

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

EMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poems is soo intense. I really enjoyed it. By the time I was done I could almost feel as you did when you wrote which deffinatly means your a great writer.
awesome write

Posted 16 Years Ago


I am usually not so opinionated, grin, but I read your feedback request..
RE: Blank, empty, void, deserted, forgotten, unloved, dead. All how I feel right now. Since I've been alone, I've never felt the same.
I don't think you need to say how you feel, that is really clear (ouch!). Seriously, if these people treated you so bad, and left you in such a bad situation I would really question how you felt & how you were treated. You might think, at first, that everything was good but really have ignored or missed alot of red flags? It hurts sometimes to see the truth but in the end, it sounds like you are breaking free from some things that were not good for you.
RE: "I gave you my heart, my soul, my everything. And yet, you seem to have forgotten that I even exsist.."
The value of your heart, your soul, your everything is so precious. It's one thing to have someone do you wrong, its another to "just disappear" and give up completely. It sounds like you are treating your self worse than anything that was done to you. Because you exist, and you matter, then why not fight for who you are? Live for what you love, even if you have to walk alone for a time.
You are right, you probably will cease to exist as you once were...but on the positive, celebrate what you will grow into :) My advice is to don't let anyone define your life or who you are but God.
On a technical tip, I would advise to break this into some stanzas or expand it into an essay or story. You could even experiment with making it a letter?
I like the honesty and raw emotion in this essay.


Posted 16 Years Ago


As you no doubt have discovered by now, writing such pieces is a huge help, a cathartic bit of therapy -- and I often think it's because we're writers (or artists of any medium, perhaps) that we feel such emotions, at least this deeply. One of my favorite songs of all times is "Tears of a Clown." It's a sad song, but it addresses all you've expressed here. Unfortunately it's a too-common occurrence (judging by the myriads of songs and poems and stories out there, including some of mine) that those whom we think should know what we're going through just don't -- or at least not on the level we need them to. Thank goodness for writing in that case!

At least you've posted yours where people can see it. Good for you -- that takes some courage. Mine have to stay hidden for now ...

Posted 16 Years Ago


This poem is full of passion; it's pretty intense.

I would not normally give opinions, but I saw your request on the group fourm so here ya' go...
If you want my opinion, you should not dissapear for anyone. You are you, and you're on this earth for a reason. You obviously have a lot to give (check out this writing! That's enough to live for right there.)

find yourself, live your life, and when someone else who will give you their heart comes into it, it will be beautiful.

Good luck, don't give up!

Posted 16 Years Ago


What the f**k you give and give and get nothing back in return. Kind of sounds like a parent. They always give and give and get nothing back or not enough back it would seem.

Man it really sucks to feel this way that you don't count or add up to much. I can't think of ways to make oneself feel like more. The only way to get around it to think of other things or at least that's what I'm forced to which works the whole day well most of the day.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2008

Author

Thanatos Darkraven
Thanatos Darkraven

Melbourne, FL



About
Yeesh, what is there that's really important about me that really matters to you? Eh.... anything ya wanna know just message me about. more..

Writing