"I'll Care!"  I Don't Care!"

"I'll Care!" I Don't Care!"

A Poem by Valorie J. Shearer
"

Powerful and true words that cannot be denied!

"
"Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001? 
 
Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan , across the Potomac from our nation's capitol and in a field in Pennsylvania ?
  
Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or didn't they?
  
And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was "desecrated" when an overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet?..Well, I don't. I don't care at all.
  
I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.
 
I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime in Saudi Arabia .
  
I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.
  
I'll care when the cowardly so-called "insurgents" in Iraq come out and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in mosques.
  
I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide bombs.
  
I'll care when the American media stops pretending that their First Amendment liberties are somehow derived from international law instead of the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights.
  
In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave marine roughing up an Iraqi terrorist to obtain information, know this: I don't care.
 
When I see a fuzzy photo of a pile of naked Iraqi prisoners who have been humiliated in what amounts to a college-hazing incident, rest assured: I don't care.
  
When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank: I don't care.
  
When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and fed "special" food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being "mishandled," you can absolutely believe in your heart of hearts: I don't care.
  
And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled "Koran" and other times "Quran." Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and-you
guessed it-I don't care !!
 
  
 
*In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the Anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during a recent interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said: "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in.. And how many want out."

© 2008 Valorie J. Shearer


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Interesting write. I enjoyed it especially the part at the end with Tony Blair. I'm surprised by the lack of other reviews, mainly because I've written so many of these rants and continuesly bashed and called a terrorist for my beliefs.

I thought this was a great rant. Thanks for submitting.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

captures my thoughts in many ways, you managed to bring a tragedy into perspective
with the type of knowledge and outlook gained from experience,
also, the ideas presented make sense, powerful, expressive and truthful,
honest and well written, straightfoward and I'm sure the points are debatable
as well, in all regards, I loved the way you brought the emotion to life.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The 'war on terror' wasn't started by 9/11...that's just when your average Western Joe started to take notice of it. Have a think about what motivated the 9/11 attack.

This is expressed in a passionate way. You had my attention the whole way through, even though I didn't agree with a lot of what was said. I respect the fact that you've communicated your opinion...but think a few aspects of that opinion are ill-informed.

I'm British. I want out. Blair's government - now Brown's - have some very messed up ideas about what freedom entails.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I deffinatly Do care that this is a fantastic wonderfully written very well expressed oppinion in poetic form and it is deffinatly a wonderful addition to my "Let it go" contest thanks so much for entering!

~Frances~

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I have little respect for Larry Flynt but his words were true when he said "War is the ultimate obscenity"
In reading this piece I am reminded of all the wars that are waged in the name of or pertaining to different versions of what I believe is a similar God. Well written, Thanx for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Interesting Idea.
It was a really passionate Rant
Good Write

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

awesome! great job!! though i dont understand what tony blair said. could you elaberate for me?

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

great rant, beware of offending the immature though... thak you for submitting this in my ranting contest!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Interesting write. I enjoyed it especially the part at the end with Tony Blair. I'm surprised by the lack of other reviews, mainly because I've written so many of these rants and continuesly bashed and called a terrorist for my beliefs.

I thought this was a great rant. Thanks for submitting.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

934 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 15, 2008
Last Updated on March 26, 2008

Author

Valorie J. Shearer
Valorie J. Shearer

Cabool, MO



About
I am so grateful to have stumbled onto this place, actually by accident.. or was it?.. ....... I was so inspired recently by someone who is very talented, and reminded me of how much I missed writin.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Confusion Confusion

A Poem by Ralphy