Introduction

Introduction

A Story by simplisticisms
"

This is the intro to a story that I never got back to writing. I'd love to know if you think it'd be worth writing more!

"

“Finally,” Abby sighed with relief and collapsed onto her bed.  Although it was only four in the afternoon, her work day had been long and grueling. She was asleep in moments, fully clothed with her arms and legs spread wide.

Her moment of well-earned peace, however, did not last long. Only minutes after dozing off, she awoke to the sound of a slamming door and loud, rambunctious voices. Lifting her head and listening, she heard Brianna’s laugh and the voice of a man she did not know. She buried her face in her pillow and groaned, remembering that her roommate’s brother was staying with them for the weekend. Please let him not be this loud all the time, she wished as she cuddled closer to her blankets.

“Abby! Come meet Chris! We just got back from the airport,” Brianna shouted, pounding on the bedroom door.

Abby sighed, hoping that someday she might be able to sleep whenever and however much she desired. “Alright,” she called back, “just give me a minute.” Begrudgingly, she rolled out of bed and stared at her reflection in the full length mirror standing across the room. Her makeup was smudged, her clothes wrinkled, and her hair a mess. Perfect for meeting new people, she mused as she threw her hair back into a messy bun and wiped the dark smudges from under her eyes. For a moment she tried to smooth her clothes, but it was in vain. She still looked fairly unkempt, but she found that she simply did not care. It was highly unlikely that Brianna’s idiot brother would be anyone important in her life anyway.

She found the siblings sitting on the couch in the living room, chatting happily. The tan skin, dark eyes and wavy brown hair of the man surprised Abby. He looked nothing like Bri, a small, pale redhead with dark blue eyes. They had different mothers, Abby recalled vaguely.

“Hello,” the man greeted her in a deep voice, “I’m Chris, Bri’s older brother.”

“Hi, I’m Abby. The roommate,” she responded, feeling awkward and forcing herself to smile. “So you’re from Seattle?”

“Born and raised,” he said proudly.

“What brings you to Michigan?”

Chris shrugged. “I needed a new start.”

Abby nodded distractedly, trying to look friendly while she imagined what he meant. She imagined he had a secret life that he had to run away from and felt a thrill in her stomach. It was ridiculous, of course. The only one living two separate lives here was herself.

After a few minutes of forced small talk, she deemed it appropriate to slink away back to her room and get lost in a book. Chris watched her retreat, and then turned towards Bri. “You never mentioned she was so… Unique.”

“Please don’t, Chris, she lives with me. I don’t need the drama,” Bri pleaded. “Besides, she might have a boyfriend. Sometimes she just stays out all night or even for a few days at a time.”

“She’s beautiful,” Chris cooed softly. He thought of the gentle curve of her waist and the dreamy, peaceful look in her bright green eyes and sighed with longing.

Rolling her eyes, Bri let the topic go. She could do nothing to stop her brother once he got an idea into his head; He was Ana’s problem now.

© 2013 simplisticisms


Author's Note

simplisticisms
please critique! I'd love to know if I am doing anything right, but it is even more helpful to know what I am doing wrong. If you leave a review I will look at one of your pieces and review as well :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So does the roommate just go alone with her craziness given that her name is really Ana, but she introduced herself as Abby? LOL great teaser. Please write more.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is a really nice write, and I honestly think you need to finish writing this because I'm Hooked! haha.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 17, 2013
Last Updated on July 17, 2013
Tags: introduction, sarcasm, introvert, uncomfortable, beginning