Concrete Jungle

Concrete Jungle

A Story by Sintage
"

A short extract about prison inmates perfect to be analysed in school.

"
Extract from chapter 1

He looked down at the dismal grounds of the prison, the barren land screamed with silence. Montag turned back to his somber cell which was as usual dreary in the chilled mornings. He rolled a piece of limestone in his hands before scraping it on the moulding wall to mark yet another oppressive day. CLUNK, CLUNK, CLUNK came the the pounding of heavy metal boots that belonged to the prison officer, as he did his morning jutter down the corridor of cells, inmates turned their eyes following him with hateful stares. He finally stopped at the cell 451 which belonged to Montag's neighbouring inmate, "AHA Fierier looks like your suffering ends here" the officer barked at the man in the cell. The icy silence froze the whole corridor of cells, The officer pulled out a thob of keys and searched for the one before putting it in the lock and turning it with precaution, not taking his eyes off the inmate inside. "with me Fernier, we'll get you, your last supper my friend before.." the officer took his left hand to his neck and mimed the cutting of the throat. All the inmates watched with fearful glares as the officer lead the inmate out of the cell, it was fear, the room smelt of fear, soft sobs were coming from the inmate just released. As the two reached the end of the corridor and left, conversation broke out. "Bloody b*****d i tell you, SCUM " screamed and elderly prisoner chewing on an old bit of lint. 

© 2017 Sintage


Author's Note

Sintage
Ignore the swearing i tried to use as many language techniques so it could be analysed in class. I based this off a picture i found as apart of my creative writing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on September 29, 2017
Last Updated on September 29, 2017
Tags: prison, crime, drama, mystery

Author

Sintage
Sintage

London , Enfield, United Kingdom



About
I love writing short extracts, made to be studied in classrooms etc. more..