Epilogue

Epilogue

A Chapter by SIsarmento

So, where do I begin this tale? Okay, I guess I will start from the very beginning. I was your average 25 year old, lost in life. I was at a quarter life crisis, deciding where my life was headed. So here I stand, looking out at the beautiful scenery, that overlooked the dirty water of Lake Grandby. I was standing at Garrett bridge, cars passing by, not a care in the world. Everyone had their own problems, I had my own, and so I did not blame them for not noticing a girl that was about to commit suicide. I stretched my long arms out into the beautiful scenery; enjoying what little moments I had left in my small town of Telluride, Colorado.

I feel something, at my feet. Something soft.

My eyes reach down to where my feet lay planted on the concrete. A creature with big blue eyes, matted fur, was looking at me. A poor creature, staring at me. It was a dirty little dog, so dirty I couldn’t even make a smart guess on what breed it was, and I loved dogs. It looked like it had been sleeping in mud for the past century. The dog was so skinny; it looked like it hadn’t eaten in months. I stared at the poor creature, and something in me twisted. This poor dog, looking so deep into my eyes, I felt compelled to pet the thing, and so I did. For the first time in months, I felt a connection. Why the connection? Was it because I saw myself in this poor, pathetic creature? Has it come to this? In my pocket, I was able to pull out stale crackers I had left in my pocket for months. It was soft and easy to break. In my hands it crumpled into a million pieces. I stared at the pieces, and for the first time in a year, I wept. I wept until it soaked the tiny particles of crackers I had in my hand. I inched closer down and fed the sad creature of what little left I had of the crackers in my hands. The creature slowly walked towards me, a limp in front right leg. The creature sniffed and began picking up the pieces with it’s tongue. Once there was no more, I stood back up again, and looked out into the lake.

So peaceful. I whispered to myself.

I raised my head up and let the rain wash over my face and body. My tears and the rain as one. I closed and opened my eyes. Deep breathes in, and out, just like my father taught me when I was young. I looked down again, and the creature was gone. Nothing. Nothing around me, but moving cars and a railing waiting for me to climb up. I took one last deep breathe in. I climbed up the unsteady railing, and sat at the top, and looked out into the lake again.

God, today I tried to conquer. Yesterday, I tried. There’s a saying I use to know. I whispered to myself. I can and I will. Well today God, I tried and I can’t. And now, I jump.

 

 

 



© 2017 SIsarmento


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh wow... this hit me. The writing is so amazing and I truly did not see the ending come. Usually, I am able to predict what happens. I mean, using a dog as the psyche of the person in this poem? Amazing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


SIsarmento

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your review! Please keep checking my page as I will keep adding more to my novel!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 22, 2017
Last Updated on February 22, 2017


Author

SIsarmento
SIsarmento

Vancouver, Kitsalano , Canada



About
I've always wanted to follow my dreams and share my stories, whether it was through screen plays or novels. I have a passion to share stories, and I hope you enjoy mine. I post just the beginning of m.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by SIsarmento


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by SIsarmento


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by SIsarmento