Devotions

Devotions

A Poem by Reality
"

The days when life just goes too fast and we forget the most important thing in our lives as Christians

"

I woke up this morning with so many things to do,
I rushed out the door without thinking of you.
My armor was left behind on the bedroom floor, as I raced to find other things to do then to study your word. As soon as I stepped out of my sanctuary I was attacked by demons, caught with nothing to hold them back, I just barely made it through the day to come home and slip down to my bedroom to pray. I fell on the floor with demons swirling around my head. I didn't have the strength to fight back. I was bleeding, old scars opening, new ones creating, guilt plaguing. I lay on the kingdom floor in a pool of my own blood. I heard the king coming. His footsteps resonated through the castle. The demons shuddered, but my own fear fed them and they stayed, still tearing into me. I mustered the strength of  a beaten man, said Jesus' name, and watched as they ran. I could feel my own blood pooling around my head, guiltiness dripping from my sides, fear running down my mouth. Forgive me, I whispered and the throbbing ceased as angels surrounded me. I could feel the King's soft glare as He watched their healing hands glow around me. When I could at least feel again, they stood me up to face the lamb. I fell to my face once again. He took me in His arms and leaned in close, "My child, how many times must I tell you never to go out there without your helmet on?"

© 2008 Reality


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ephesians 6
12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Put on the whole armour says Paul. Very nice with brutally honest imagery. The pain of your sin is born in your writing. Suberb. Critically, I would only add to double check your grammar. Spendid exhortation!

CT




Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Congratulations for winning the seeds-of-faith contest!

Sal

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love the ending! Don''t see how it is classified as a poem, though!

Posted 15 Years Ago


We must all wrestle our demons everyday. Great Write. Thanks for entering my contest.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Ephesians 6
12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Put on the whole armour says Paul. Very nice with brutally honest imagery. The pain of your sin is born in your writing. Suberb. Critically, I would only add to double check your grammar. Spendid exhortation!

CT




Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

351 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 4, 2008

Author

Reality
Reality

smallville, KS



About
Hi, my name is april and I enjoy writing...very original i know, lol. anyway, i guess i should probably explain why i like to write, for anyone who is curious. Writing, like for most people, puts on .. more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Reality


Chosen Chosen

A Book by Reality


Life is a bouquet Life is a bouquet

A Screenplay by Reality



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..