The Peculiar Photographer

The Peculiar Photographer

A Story by slfisher89

A couple enter a small art gallery.The women dressed in cream blouse with a midnight blue skirt; her golden blonde hair with raven streaks tied in a ponytail. The man dressed white shirt and faded work jeans. They part ways to explore different sides of the gallery.A bald short, and plumb man dress in a three piece charcoal gray suit walks toward the man.”Hi, are you enjoying my work? Mr.?” asked the photographer. “Jasper,” said the man. “Yes, lovely photos”  said Jasper; raking his hands through his sandy auburn hair “I just don’t get them; I’m not that deep: he said with a smirk and shrug.  “Well let go down the line; I would be happy to explain each piece”  said the photographer. “Here” he said “Its a bright red door and a single green leaf” Jasper said “Is that all you see!?” the photographer said; jumping and clicking his heels. “well..Yeah” said Jasper,  slowly backing away. “Well,” said the photographer. who snatched Jasper’s shirt collar and pulled him closer to the photo. “The bright red door represents lust and passion!” the photographer said with Cheshire cat grin. ” That single green leaf represents despair” A pensive look on the photographer’s face.”and this?” he asked. ” “Well, its a fallen tree in the forest” said Jasper. “Can you not see the trees as a pack of vicious wolfs about to attack the the helpless fallen one?!” he said. A wild look in his eye with a faint trail of foam dripping from his lips. He leans in uncomfortably close to Jasper and whispers “if a tree falls in the forest can you hear it scream?” “Um..” uttered Jasper, as he tried to quickly move the the next picture. “and what about this one?” asked the Photographer “Oh I know the swirling mass of color love and destruction!!” Jasper said; an earnest and excited look in his eyes. “Oh…that one” said the photographer nonchalantly. ” My camera went off my accident at a race.” said the photographer “That got in the exhibit by accident” he said. Causally looking over his shoulders; the photographer said “Geez; aren’t you getting a little carried away; they are just pictures” The photographer walked over to another person. He left Jasper jaw agape and an awe-struck look on his face.

© 2016 slfisher89


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good work. Humorous and engaging! Is it part of a larger piece?

Posted 7 Years Ago


slfisher89

7 Years Ago

No; its my attempt at flash fiction

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
1 Review
Added on May 16, 2016
Last Updated on May 16, 2016

Author

slfisher89
slfisher89

Atlanta, GA



About
An incredibly flawed creature trying to develop and become better. Wish me luck more..

Writing
spring spring

A Poem by slfisher89