The Death March.

The Death March.

A Poem by T. Wes Smith

Pestered, poked and prodded, beaten, broken down to show us the light, we take the death march in our minds, tested, tried, brought along for promise of a new start, a better life, success, outside of life, inside a cocoon, this isn’t what is real, readied to sacrifice, to take the death march for our kind, the false prophets of purpose, cause we don’t remember who can win this war, I weep inside, take the death march in my mind, for those who, lose the life, they never got to live, and they decided to death march for the left and for the right, how do you spell glory, like this? Not quite, descending deeper into a self-inflicted oblivion, watching the sands of the hourglass, waiting on our time, taking the death march, it has arrived.

© 2011 T. Wes Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow this is intence....but it's really good :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
1 Review
Added on December 21, 2011
Last Updated on December 21, 2011

Author

T. Wes Smith
T. Wes Smith

Columbus, OH



About
I am from Ohio, i love to write, tell me what you think, I am closing my read request because they are hard to keep up with while being stuck out here working my a*s off, plus I refuse to answer to re.. more..

Writing